How does one become certified to teach TapRooT® to their employees???
Here is our process…
1. Company or Site gets a License to use 2-Day TapRooT® Training Materials.
2. Prospective Instructor (the one who wants to become a Certified TapRooT® Instructor) attends 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training. (This helps the prospective instructor learn the system and become an expert in using it).
3. Prospective Instructor should use TapRooT® to analyze incidents.
4. Prospective Instructor schedules Train-the-Trainer Course (calls contact at SI – 865-539-2139).
5. Prospective Instructor studies 2-Day course instructor notes (part of the license package that they receive when they license the 2-Day TapRooT® Training Materials).
6. System Improvements ships the materials to be used in the 2-Day course.
7. On the day before the 2-day course that they will be teaching, one of System Improvements’ instructors will arrive to work with the Prospective Instructor. The Prospective Instructor will dry run the sections of the course that they plan to teach over the next two days (they will teach approximately 50% of the course). The System Improvements TapRooT® Instructor will provide them feedback on their teaching and tips to improve the delivery of the material.
8. The Prospective Instructor and the System Improvements TapRooT® Instructor will work to together to teach the 2-Day course. The Prospective Instructor teach about 50% of the course (or 2/3 of the course if two instructors are certifying). The System Improvements Instructor provides the Prospective Instructor with feedback at the end of each day to improve their delivery of the materials.
9. At the end of the 1-day prep and 2-day course, the Prospective Instructor becomes a Certified TapRooT® Instructor. They will receive a Certified TapRooT® Instructor Plaque after the course.
10. To maintain their certification, the Certified TapRooT® Instructor must attend an advanced TapRooT® Training Courses (one of course offered prior to the Global TapRooT® Summit) and the TapRooT® Summit at least once every two years.
That’s the certification process!