Thanks to TapRooT® Instructor Piedad Colmenares for these fantastic photos of our TapRooT®/ Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & Root Cause Failure Analysis course held on December 2-4, 2013 in Bogota, Colombia.
Does your healthcare facility need a reboot when it comes to root cause analysis? Attend our 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit and our Improving Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety best practice track. In this video, Track Leader Ed Skompski gives you a preview of what you’ll learn.
Learn more about our Summit and register today by clicking here.
Many people begin decorating for the winter holidays the day after Thanksgiving. As you string your lights up and dust off those plastic trees, keep these tips in mind from the Electrical Safety Foundation International.
- Inspect your strands of lights and extension cords for damage.
- Attach them securely, but never nail or staple them.
- Extinguish all candles and unplug all lights when you leave a room or go to bed.
- Never use a hot extension cord.
- Consider battery-operated candles.
- Always purchase electronics from a reputable retailer.
- Always inspect cords for damage before plugging them in.
- Avoid overloading electrical outlets.
- Never connect more than three strands of lights together.
- Always unplug lights before changing a bulb.
- Consider LED lights, they use less energy and run cooler.
- Insert plugs all the way into the wall.
- Don’t run cords through walls or ceilings.
- Extension cords are only for temporary use. Make sure they are rated for the proper use, indoor or outdoor.
- Christmas tree and holiday décor fires result in twice the injuries and five times for fatalities per fire than the average winter holiday fire.
- 5,800 people per year are treated in emergency rooms for falls associated with holiday decorations. Over half are ladder or roof falls.
- Inspect ladders for missing screws, hinges, bolts, and nuts.
- Use wooden or fiberglass ladders, as metal ladders conduct electricity.
- Use the right ladder height, ensuring that your ladder extends at least three feet past the edge of the roof.
- Be sure to tape extension cords down, or refrain from placing them in places where someone could trip on them.
- Over 4,000 injuries per year are associated with extension cords. Half of these are due to tripping over an extension cord.
Tune in next week for Child Safety and Fire Safety tips for the holidays.
TapRooT® Instructor Steve Swarthout sent over these photos from our recent onsite TapRooT® couse in Korea! Enjoy!
TapRooT® Instructor Piedad Colmenares sent over these photos from our recent onsite TapRooT® Course in El Salvador last week November 25-29, 2013. Enjoy.
Root Cause Analysis Training for Human Error Reduction and Behavior Change – 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit Video InvitationPosted: December 2nd, 2013 in Summit, Video
Would you like to reduce human error in your facility? Take a look at Mark Paradies’ invitation to attend the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit in the Human Error Reduction & Behavior Change track.
Mark mentioned in the video “the link to the Summit Schedule.” Click here to see our full Summit Schedule, then click the “Human Error Reduction and Behavior Change” option on the left sidebar menu.
At the 2013 Global TapRooT® Summit, we met so many wonderful clients and friends. They couldn’t stop talking about how much they enjoyed the Summit! We got a few of those conversations on camera for you, so you know what you’ll get when you attend the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit in Horseshoe Bay, Texas!
In this video, we talk with Tom DiGiacomo of Saudi Aramco.
Carl Dixon will be playing & singing at our reception again this year. Click here for more reception information.
For Certified Instructors like Tom, click here to view our Summit Schedule. Choose the Certified instructors track on the left, and learn more about each session.
Tom mentions Process Safety, and our need for increasing it. Click here and choose the Process Quality & Corrective Actions track on the left hand side for more info on our Process Safety session.
Interested in our 2014 Summit? Click here to learn more.
Diana Munevar shared these photos from our Bogota, Colombia course we held November 2-4, 2013. Enjoy!
Marco Flores sent over these photos from the Bogota, Colombia course held October 21-22, 2013. Enjoy!
Thanks for a great course in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! Here’s a photo from the class:
TapRooT® Instructor Sanjay Gandhi has shared these course photos from our recent Johannesburg, South Africa course November 18-22, 2013. Enjoy!
Are you interested in increasing the effectiveness of your root cause analysis? Click here to learn more about our 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training.
Root Cause Analysis Training in Texas – TapRooT® Certified Instructor Training at the 2014 Global TapRooT® SummitPosted: November 25th, 2013 in Summit, Video
Calling all Certified Instructors! It’s required that you attend the Summit and some additional training once every two years. For many of you, this is your year. Below, Michelle Wishoun invites you to register for our Certified Instructors Track.
TapRooT® Instructor Boris Risnic sent over these photos from our Novemeber 12-13, 2013 2-Day TapRooT® Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis Course in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Enjoy!
Do you need to learn to prevent serious injuries and fatalities at your facility? Join us at the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit! In this video, track leader and TapRooT® Instructor Dave Janney lets you in on what you can expect to learn when you register for the Safety Improvement and Serious Injuries/Fatalities Prevention track.
Watch the video below:
Learn more about the best practice sessions that Dave mentions by visiting our Summit Schedule. Click here, then choose the Safety Improvement and Serious Injuries/Fatalities Prevention option on the left sidebar to see the sessions.
Dave also mentions the golf tournament, reception, and keynote speakers. Click here to learn more about these and so much more at our 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit in Horseshoe Bay, Texas!
Ralph Brickey sent over these photos from our recent onsite training in Iraq. Enjoy!
Thanks Ralph Brickey for a great onsite course in Angola! Here are a few photos he sent of the training:
Our 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause analysis Team Leader Training in Phoenix, Arizona November 11-15, 2013 was a great success! Instructor Chris Vallee shared these photos from the week.
Interested in taking your root cause analysis to the next level? Join us at the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit! Click here to learn more about our fantastic keynote speakers, networking, and best practice sessions!