Job Opening: HSE Specialist – Rockwater Energy Solutions – Avella, PA – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis TrainingPosted: March 1st, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening for Someone with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training: Belle Chasse, LA – Chevron Oronite Company LLC – II & R SpecialistPosted: February 14th, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening: Control Systems Technician – Momentive – Friendly, WV – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: January 30th, 2014 in Job Postings
Rail Accident Investigators and Business Managers
The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) is currently seeking to strengthen both its front-line and support teams by recruiting new professional staff to fill the following posts:
Rail Accident Investigator
Two posts – in Derby or Farnborough
Grade: DfT Pay Band 6A&N
Pay range is £68,666 – £76,583
As a Rail Accident Investigator, whenever there is a significant accident or incident on the UK’s railways, you may be among the first to respond. You will then carry out a detailed and professional investigation, report upon the factors that led to an accident and make recommendations for improvements in the safety of the railways.
Ideally, your career to date will include proven experience and expertise in railway signalling, rolling stock, infrastructure or operations. However, we are open to all railway disciplines, or to investigation experience gained from another field.
To be eligible to act as a front-line investigator you must be prepared to undergo security and health checks. Investigations can involve work in demanding conditions; so we also require that you are physically fit.
We will provide comprehensive expert training in the skills and knowledge required.
Business and Strategy Manager
Two posts – one in Derby and one in Farnborough
Grade: DfT Pay Band 6 (Civil Service Grade 7)
Pay range is £45,688 – £52,796
As a Business and Strategy Manager, you will be a member of the RAIB’s Technical Support team. In this role you will manage staff whose main area of responsibility is to support the efficient operation of the front-line investigators and to assist the Senior Management Team in planning, developing, optimising and maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the Branch’s general operations and investigation capability.
You will need a broad understanding of the railway industry and of policy work, as well as a general awareness of railway safety issues, or a proven ability to learn quickly. You will also have proven experience of managing a small team and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing. You must have good interpersonal, organisational, policy and problem solving skills; and be results focused.
To find out more information about this post, read guidance and to apply online, please visit http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/jobs/index.aspx and search for Department for Transport jobs vacancy reference numbers DFT/18/14 and DFT/19/14.
Closing date 5.00pm, Friday 28th February 2014.
The Department for Transport is an equal opportunities employer.
The UK RAIB values diversity and want our workforce to reflect the communities that we serve.
Job Opening: Lewiston, NY – New York Power Authority – Safety & Environmental Representative – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: January 22nd, 2014 in Job Postings
For more information and to apply, see:
Job Opening: Houston, TX – ENSCO – Senior SHE Advisor (Incident Investigations: Safety, Health and Environment)Posted: January 21st, 2014 in Job Postings
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For 25 years, we have focused on operating safely and exceeding customer expectations and we are in search of an experienced Senior SHE Advisor in Houston Texas. Although this position requires international travel, the ideal candidate must be able to work in the United States without any employment restrictions. The role of the Senior Advisor provides technical support to the Corporate Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) function through the enhancement and implementation of the company incident and near miss investigation, reporting and learning sharing processes. To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to company website: www.enscoplc.com / careers / global jobs job number 12201
- Support the Business Unit to implement the company’s incident and near miss investigation and reporting process
- Facilitate and participate in the TapRoot® root cause analysis process for high potential unplanned events
- Review all high potential incidents and near misses, and provide recommendations for the delivery of high quality investigations and comprehensive investigation reports
- Work with corporate technical departments and business units to determine the applicability of corrective actions to other rigs, and use the action tracking system to assign them
- Analyze internal and external lessons learned, and make recommendations to prevent similar incidents
- Draft and disseminate communication materials for sharing the lessons learned such as SHE alerts and assign appropriate corrective actions, and verify case closure
- Design and deliver incident investigation and reporting training programs
- Maintain and lead upgrade the company incident management and action tracking system
- Analyze industry and company safety statistics and Key Performance Indicators, and provide recommendations for continual improvement
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of the company SHE guideline documents
- Conduct rig visits, and provide SHE guidance and coaching as needed
- Represent Ensco at conferences and committees of IADC and other organizations
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of five year experience in SHE (oil and gas experience preferred)
- Good knowledge of offshore drilling operations, and previous experience in incident investigation
- Certified TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader and experienced in other investigation techniques
- Proven effective interviewer of personnel to gather incident data
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiar with government regulations which are relevant to the oil and gas industry such as OSHA, BSEE, USCG, EPA, and IADC Incident Statistics Program
- Familiar with SHE management system standards such as ISM, OHSAS 18001and SEMS
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, document control systems and databases
- Able to travel up to 25% of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
For more information and to apply, see:
Saudi Aramco, the largest gas and oil producer in the world, has an opening for a contract consultant with experience in the use of TapRooT® as a problem solving and root cause analysis tool. The Upstream business line HSE Team has built an internal certification based on continuing education in and use of TapRooT® through turning in investigations/analyses on actual incidents (whether or not safety-related) or through completing case studies provided by Upstream.
We are in the process of rolling out a risk-based incident investigation system that will require a TapRooT® investigation into any incident with actual or potential consequences of a disabling injury. This will significantly increase demand for TapRooT® analysts. Support from the HSE Team is required (facilitating the investigation) for investigation of any incidents with actual or potential risk for single or multiple fatalities.
In addition, we are in the process of transitioning to an Operational Excellence organization and TapRooT® has been selected as the root cause analysis tool that will be used in all problem solving analyses and investigations (reliability, equipment failure, environmental, safety, etc.). All of these items will produce both a tremendous demand for TapRooT® courses and a demand on the HSE Team for participation in high-potential risk investigations.
The duties of the contractor will be to manage our certification maintenance program and provide investigation and consulting support to our Upstream organizations. It is not necessary that the candidate be a certified TapRooT® trainer, but that would be a plus. The one-year renewable contract will include housing on camp, all business-related transportation, meal per diem, and two expenses paid interim leave trips back to the point of origin. The contractor may also assist in other areas of HSE, such as HSE assessments of production organizations using an internal standard.
The plan is to move this position to a full-time employee position over the next few years, but that can’t be promised as it depends on circumstances. We already have one full-time contractor working exclusively on TapRooT®. If you have an interest in the position, please note the contact details below:
Larry Perkinson, CSP, ARM
Upstream HSE Team Leader
+966 13 873-3765
We recently received this posting for a career opportunity at Exelon. To apply, please go to the link at the end of the post. Thank you!
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you. Exelon is developing sustainable energy to provide for the communities of today and planning for a brighter tomorrow. Exelon knows the future of energy is you! We are currently searching for a Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist for ComEd at our offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist supports Delivery’s efforts to build a self-critical working environment that has the ability to identify and correct human errors caused by inappropriate decision making, human behavior, leadership practices or organizational weaknesses that reduce safety and/or operational performance. This is achieved through mentoring investigators and operations leadership in the use of systematic problem-solving and investigative techniques; development and implementation of key human performance and investigation processes, facilitating the performance assessment process to ensure timely and effective completion of investigations and corrective actions to prevent recurrence; and analysis of reports and data to identify emerging human performance issues and prevent incidents through trending and pro-active management attention and actions. Results are used to ensure that organizational learnings are incorporated into training, methods, and procedures to create an environment that supports constantly improving performance. The Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist also serves as team lead / facilitator for corporate initiatives and provides mentoring and support of Change Management chartered implementations.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy Delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Mentors and directs diverse teams of investigators and subject matter experts in performing Root Cause Investigations (RCI) of significant incidents. Participates in selected investigations. 25%
· Trains and mentors personnel at various levels across the organization in conducting Apparent Cause Evaluation (ACE) investigations (lower level significance) of incidents. 20%
· Collects and analyzes company-wide performance data derived from investigations and other sources and provide conclusions and recommendations to the Vice Presidents, Directors, and managers. Interfaces with Senior Management to provide recommendations for improvement in solving human performance issues and for improvement of Human Performance and Performance Assessment processes. 20%
· Provides mentoring and quality oversight of Human Performance improvement initiatives, assisting in plan development and implementation. Provides coaching and mentoring of VPs, Directors and Managers in the use of the Change Management Model for sponsoring and implementing significant process or program changes. 20%
· Owns and manages the Performance Assessment process, to include: Incident Investigations, PassPort Action Tracking process for investigation and corrective action tracking and reporting, trend analysis and reporting, performance indicators, investigation training and qualification, data management and quality control, and organizational authority. 10%
· Assure timely response to emergencies and provide 24 hour/day coverage for emergency response support. 5%
· Technical background includes a 4-year technical degree with 5-8 years industrial experience or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 9-12 years relevant business experience is required.
· Supervisory experience is preferred, including second line supervision level, project management, team direction, peer challenging, and senior leadership interface.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must, as is an ability to rapidly organize and analyze complex and diverse situations and large amounts of data.
· Special Training or Technical Skill required include basic knowledge of transmission, distribution and industrial systems and equipment. Proficient computer skills to include all MS Office Applications and PassPort Action Tracking.
· Experience and training in Root Cause Analysis preferred. Proven analytical/problem solving experience required
· Working conditions require frequent travel to various Delivery locations and a mobile work environment.
Exelon Corporation is one of the nation’s largest electric utilities, with more than $32 billion in annual revenues. The company has one of the industry’s largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Exelon distributes electricity to approximately 6.6 million customers in northern Illinois, central Maryland and southeastern Pennsylvania and natural gas to more than 1.1 million customers in the Baltimore and Philadelphia areas. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago and trades on the NYSE under the ticker EXC.
We know that before we can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and deliver electric and gas service safely to millions of families and businesses, we need to recognize that each of our employees plays an integral part in the process. Join Exelon and you can share your ideas at a forward-thinking company and the next big idea could be yours. You’ve just found Exelon, a place where you can truly shine.
ComEd and its nearly 6,000 employees are responsible for maintaining more than 78,000 miles of power lines that make up the electric transmission and distribution system in Northern Illinois. ComEd, headquartered in Chicago, serves approximately 70 percent of Illinois’ population – about 9 million people – in a service territory that spans 11,400 square miles. Locations in Northern Illinois including Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
To apply to the position please go to
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening: Oakbrook Terrace, IL – Exelon – Senior Performance Assessment Specialist – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: January 3rd, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening: UAE – TAWEELAH ALUMINIUM EXTRUSION CO LLC – Cast House Senior Process Engineer – Needs Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: December 23rd, 2013 in Job Postings
For more information and to apply, see:
Maintenance Engineer – Paint Manufacturing – Houston, TX
Safety Engineer – Valspar Corporation – Athens, GA