Job Opening: Dickinson, ND – Occidental Petroleum – Lead HES – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis TrainingPosted: April 8th, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Post: North Slope, AK – Conoco Phillips – Senior HSE Consultant – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis TrainingPosted: April 1st, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening: Safety & Health Systems Manager – Barrick Gold Corporation – Salt Lake City, UT – Candidate Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: March 27th, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening: Greely, CO – Rockwater Energy Solutions – HSE Specialist – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis TrainingPosted: March 20th, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening: HSE Specialist – Rockwater Energy Solutions – Avella, PA – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis TrainingPosted: March 1st, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening for Someone with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training: Belle Chasse, LA – Chevron Oronite Company LLC – II & R SpecialistPosted: February 14th, 2014 in Job Postings
Job Opening: Control Systems Technician – Momentive – Friendly, WV – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: January 30th, 2014 in Job Postings
Rail Accident Investigators and Business Managers
The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) is currently seeking to strengthen both its front-line and support teams by recruiting new professional staff to fill the following posts:
Rail Accident Investigator
Two posts – in Derby or Farnborough
Grade: DfT Pay Band 6A&N
Pay range is £68,666 – £76,583
As a Rail Accident Investigator, whenever there is a significant accident or incident on the UK’s railways, you may be among the first to respond. You will then carry out a detailed and professional investigation, report upon the factors that led to an accident and make recommendations for improvements in the safety of the railways.
Ideally, your career to date will include proven experience and expertise in railway signalling, rolling stock, infrastructure or operations. However, we are open to all railway disciplines, or to investigation experience gained from another field.
To be eligible to act as a front-line investigator you must be prepared to undergo security and health checks. Investigations can involve work in demanding conditions; so we also require that you are physically fit.
We will provide comprehensive expert training in the skills and knowledge required.
Business and Strategy Manager
Two posts – one in Derby and one in Farnborough
Grade: DfT Pay Band 6 (Civil Service Grade 7)
Pay range is £45,688 – £52,796
As a Business and Strategy Manager, you will be a member of the RAIB’s Technical Support team. In this role you will manage staff whose main area of responsibility is to support the efficient operation of the front-line investigators and to assist the Senior Management Team in planning, developing, optimising and maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the Branch’s general operations and investigation capability.
You will need a broad understanding of the railway industry and of policy work, as well as a general awareness of railway safety issues, or a proven ability to learn quickly. You will also have proven experience of managing a small team and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing. You must have good interpersonal, organisational, policy and problem solving skills; and be results focused.
To find out more information about this post, read guidance and to apply online, please visit http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/jobs/index.aspx and search for Department for Transport jobs vacancy reference numbers DFT/18/14 and DFT/19/14.
Closing date 5.00pm, Friday 28th February 2014.
The Department for Transport is an equal opportunities employer.
The UK RAIB values diversity and want our workforce to reflect the communities that we serve.
Job Opening: Lewiston, NY – New York Power Authority – Safety & Environmental Representative – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis SkillsPosted: January 22nd, 2014 in Job Postings
For more information and to apply, see:
Job Opening: Houston, TX – ENSCO – Senior SHE Advisor (Incident Investigations: Safety, Health and Environment)Posted: January 21st, 2014 in Job Postings
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For 25 years, we have focused on operating safely and exceeding customer expectations and we are in search of an experienced Senior SHE Advisor in Houston Texas. Although this position requires international travel, the ideal candidate must be able to work in the United States without any employment restrictions. The role of the Senior Advisor provides technical support to the Corporate Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) function through the enhancement and implementation of the company incident and near miss investigation, reporting and learning sharing processes. To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to company website: www.enscoplc.com / careers / global jobs job number 12201
- Support the Business Unit to implement the company’s incident and near miss investigation and reporting process
- Facilitate and participate in the TapRoot® root cause analysis process for high potential unplanned events
- Review all high potential incidents and near misses, and provide recommendations for the delivery of high quality investigations and comprehensive investigation reports
- Work with corporate technical departments and business units to determine the applicability of corrective actions to other rigs, and use the action tracking system to assign them
- Analyze internal and external lessons learned, and make recommendations to prevent similar incidents
- Draft and disseminate communication materials for sharing the lessons learned such as SHE alerts and assign appropriate corrective actions, and verify case closure
- Design and deliver incident investigation and reporting training programs
- Maintain and lead upgrade the company incident management and action tracking system
- Analyze industry and company safety statistics and Key Performance Indicators, and provide recommendations for continual improvement
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of the company SHE guideline documents
- Conduct rig visits, and provide SHE guidance and coaching as needed
- Represent Ensco at conferences and committees of IADC and other organizations
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of five year experience in SHE (oil and gas experience preferred)
- Good knowledge of offshore drilling operations, and previous experience in incident investigation
- Certified TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader and experienced in other investigation techniques
- Proven effective interviewer of personnel to gather incident data
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiar with government regulations which are relevant to the oil and gas industry such as OSHA, BSEE, USCG, EPA, and IADC Incident Statistics Program
- Familiar with SHE management system standards such as ISM, OHSAS 18001and SEMS
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, document control systems and databases
- Able to travel up to 25% of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
For more information and to apply, see: