Changing the Way the World Solves Problems
TapRooT® – A Global Leader
Our international footprint proves how simple it is to get started with TapRooT®. We’ve pioneered a system that helps people better understand root causes. That system is at work today finding root causes throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Oceania and Africa.
The TapRooT® system prevents injuries and saves lives in our workplaces. Global industries use TapRooT® to solve their toughest problems and implement fixes so these problems never happen again. These industries include:
- Oil Exploration & Production
- Dolphin Energy
- ENSCO Marine
- GCC Veritas
- Karachaganak Petroleum
- M-I SWACO
- Noble Drilling
- Occidental Petroleum
- Qatar Liquefied Gas
- Saudi Aramco
- SubSea 7
- Syncrude Canada Ltd.
- Talisman Energy
- Bahrain Petro Company
- Flint Hills Resources
- Frontier Oil
- Holly Corporation
- Saudi Aramco
- Ciba Specialty Chemicals
- Columbian Chemicals
- Formosa Plastics
- Nalco Chemical
- PCS Nitrogen Fertilizer
- Solutia, Inc.
- Valspar Corporation
- Arizona Public Service
- Baltimore Gas & Electric
- El Paso Electric
- Electric Boat Corp
- First Energy Corp
- Florida Power & Light
- General Electric Company
- Hydro One
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- New Brunswick Power
- New York Power Authority
- Nuclear Fuel Services
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- PSEG Nuclear
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Scottish Power
- Southern California Edison
- Southern Carolina Electric & Gas
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices
- Bayer Corp
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
- STERIS Corporation
- Barrick Gold Corporation
- Boart Longyear
- Impala Platinum
- Mimosa Mining Company
- Ok Tedi Mining Limited
- Rio Tinto
- Wabush Mine
- Western Coal Corp
- Formosa Plastics
- North Star Steel
- Packaging Corp of America
- United Technology
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Henry Ford Health System
- Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Military Health System
- Riverside Health System
- Sisters of Mercy Health System
- Atlantic Towing
- Bi-State Development Agency/St. Louis
- BW Maritime
- Coastal Towing
- Crowley Marine Services
- United Airlines
- Vancouver International Airport Authority
- Alaska Airlines
- Korea OSHA
- National Offshore Petrolem Safety
- Chicago Bridge & Iron
- Murray & Roberts
Investigators: Start Here
The 2-Day TapRooT® Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis Course includes the essential tools necessary to successfully complete an investigation. Learn essential TapRooT® techniques, and how to check corrective action effectiveness using the SMARTER technique.
What Are Essential TapRooT® Techniques?
TapRooT® techniques are designed for everyone from beginner to expert. These techniques include:
- SnapCharT®: a simple, visual technique for collecting and organizing information quickly and efficiently.
- Root Cause Tree®: an easy-to-use resource to determine root causes of problems.
- Corrective Action Helper®: helps people develop corrective actions by seeing outside the box.
Register for a 2-Day TapRooT® Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis Course.
Investigative Team Leaders: Start Here
The 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training is ideal for the representative of a company that is ready to implement the TapRooT® System. The 5-day course includes essential TapRooT® Techniques, Advanced Techniques and TapRooT® Software. Trainees learn all the techniques needed to lead difficult investigations.
What Are Advanced TapRooT® Techniques?
Advanced root cause analysis techniques drill deeper into the causes of human error and help investigators lead teams. Advanced techniques are also used to proactively improve performance. Advanced TapRooT® Techniques include:
- Cognitive Interviewing: help interviewees remember more with this technique so you can collect better information.
- Change Analysis: compare what happened that created an unsuccessful outcome to what must happen to create a successful outcome for a better understanding of an incident.
- Safeguards Analysis: a proven method to evaluate defenses and help identify causal factors and improve corrective action.
- Critical Human Action Profile (CHAP): a detailed review of human performance.
- Equifactor®: an equipment-troubleshooting tool.
Register 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training.
Equipment Reliability Professionals: Start Here
The 3-Day TapRooT®/Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & Root Cause Failure Analysis course includes all of the essential TapRooT® techniques in the 2-Day TapRooT® course plus one day focused on techniques licensed from equipment reliability expert Heinz Bloch including:
- Equipment troubleshooting tables for pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, engines, electrical moors, refrigeration and more.
- Component troubleshooting tables for bearings, gears, gear couplings, mechanical seals and more.
- Analysis of the failure mode (deformation, fracture/separation, material/surface changes or displacement).
- Analysis of the failure agent (FRETT – force, reactive environment, time or temperature).
Equipment reliability experts save time using Equifactor® because the troubleshooting tables are located in the software so there is no need to create a new list of potential causes for the failed system every single time. Additionally, senior equipment experts have the ability to assist less experienced equipment failure analysts by creating custom troubleshooting tables.
Register for a 3-Day TapRooT®/Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & Root Cause Failure Analysis Course.
For additional information about how to get started, please contact us.