10 New Ways to Improve
10 New Ways to Improve
• • •
What have we been doing at System Improvements while we were working from home? Developing 10 new ways to help you improve your root cause analysis and performance improvement!
The 10 new ways to improve are:
- A new web-based training for investigative interviewing.
- A new webinar to teach you how to grade investigations and coach investigator improvement.
- A new webinar to help you save time by developing standard custom reports.
- A new webinar about root cause analysis and patient safety.
- A new webinar to teach you how to use the new Causal Factor Worksheets.
- An improved 5-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Course.
- A new 10 book set of TapRooT® Books at a discount.
- A new 1-Day on-site Equifactor Troubleshooting Course for mechanics and people who have been previously TapRooT® Trained.
- An improved 2-Day Equifactor® Troubleshooting and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course.
- A new TapRooT® Software Update (6.8.0)
Here’s a video about the 10 ways to improve performance…
Below, read more about each of these new products to help you improve.
New Web-Based Training
Barb took the essence of her book, TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills, and built it into an on-line training course: TapRooT® Evidence Collection & Investigative Interviewing Techniques Online (Self-Guided; 3 Hours). There are seven modules to help you perform better investigative Interviews. They are:
- Module 1: Introduction to the Course
- Module 2: Preplanning for Evidence Collection
- Module 3: Evidence Collection and the TapRooT® Process
- Module 4: Scene Management
- Module 5: Initial Site Visit
- Module 6: Effective Interviewing for Incident Investigations
- Module 7: End of Course, Beginning of Better Investigations
In addition to this online training, subscribers also get a seat in Barb’s How to Conduct Effective Interviews for Incident Investigations Webinar. Plus access to these free downloads:
- Initial Observation Form
- Interview Prep Form
- Investigation Policy Example
- Investigation Kit List
This online training doesn’t replace the 2-Day TapRooT® Interviewing and Evidence Collection Course, but it does help those who have not been to that course or the 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training learn the to more effectively collect evidence as outlined in Book 7, TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills.
We have been developing webinars to help people expand their TapRooT® Knowledge. Currently, we have six webinars (four of which are new). They are:
- Performing an Investigation Using the TapRooT® Software Webinar
- Building Custom Reports in the TapRooT® Software Webinar
- How to Conduct Effective Interviews for Incident Investigations Webinar
- The New Causal Factor Worksheets Webinar
- Grading Investigations for Better Root Cause Analysis Webinar
- Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Professionals Webinar
Just click on the link above for more information about each webinar.
Watch for info about new topics in the future.
10 TapRooT® Books in One Set
We finished the TapRooT® Books (a 10 book set) in March and now we’ve put them in a money-saving 10 book set. Get the complete set (all 10) of the new TapRooT® Books:
- Book 1: TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Leadership Lessons
- Book 2: TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Implementation
- Book 3 Using the Essential TapRooT® Techniques to Investigate Low-to-Medium Risk Incidents
- Book 4: TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Major Investigations
- Book 5: Using Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tools and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to Improve Equipment Reliability
- Book 6: TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Audits and Proactive Performance Improvement
- Book 7: TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills
- Book 8: Performance Measures and Trending for Safety, Quality, and Business Management
- Book 9: TapRooT® for Patient Safety
- Book 10: TapRooT® Stopping Human Error
In addition, you will receive the latest TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Diagram, the Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, and the Corrective Actions Helper® Guide all for the price of $695. That’s a savings of $324.50 off the original price of $1,019.50 when sold separately.
CLICK HERE to order the whole set of books or click on the link above to order just one of the books.
New TapRooT® Software Version 6.8.0
What’s in this update?
- New Causal Factor Worksheets
- New Investigation Grading Template
- New Support for Updated Google Chrome
- New Active Directory with Divisions
To read more see: https://www.taproot.com/new-software-update-6-8-0/
Two of our TapRooT® Courses have been improved!
First is the Equifactor® Training. It has been made more convenient and more efficient.
A new course that includes a 1-Day Equifactor Troubleshooting Training for people who have already been TapRooT® Trained or for technicians and mechanics that just perform troubleshooting and repairs but don’t perform root cause analysis. This course is held as an on-site course only.
Next, there is a 2-Day Equifactor® Troubleshooting & TapRooT® RCA Course that replaces the old 3-Day Equifactor® Training. You do the first day described above PLUS a second day focused on root cause analysis of equipment problems. The 2-Day Equifactor® Troubleshooting & TapRooT® RCA Course is designed for equipment reliability professionals, maintenance engineers, and maintenance managers but also can be given for troubleshooting technicians who want to perform root cause analysis. This course is being provided as public courses and on-site training.
For more information see:
Next is the improved 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training. The major improvements include:
- the new Energy Wheel for the proactive identification of Hazards,
- the new Causal Factor Worksheets for easier and more effective identification of Causal Factors,
- the new Investigation Grading Template.
All of these new sections include exercises to make sure the knowledge “sticks.”
All of this has been completed since mid-March, so you couldn’t blame us for taking a break. But we have plans for even more improvements that include:
- new webinars,
- new web-based training, and
- new software improvements.
So, sign up for the new courses, software updates, and new webinars/web-based training and keep a lookout for even more new things coming up in the remainder of the year!