2020 Summit Attendees: Must Know Info Before Leaving for Austin…
When you attend the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit, there is information you must know before you travel to Austin and arrive at the Horseshoe Bay Resort.
1. PREPARATION: Before you travel, review your current performance improvement program and identify any weaknesses. Review your root cause analysis data to spot the most frequently occurring root causes. Fill out the checklist from page 10 of the book 2, TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Implementation. I have posted a copy of the form below. All of this preparation will help you develop an extremely helpful Roadmap to Success on Friday at the Summit.
2. NETWORK/BENCHMARK: Come prepared to network and benchmark. BRING BUSINESS CARDS! Yes, these are slightly old fashioned BUT you will want to give people your e-mail address.
3. DRESS: Pack the right clothes. Attendees wear business casual. Speakers wear business casual or business. If you frequently get cold, bring a light jacket or sweater. Hotel conference facilities are usually kept cool to keep attendees awake! The weather forecast says the temperatures will be between 60°-75°F. They are also predicting clouds and light rain for the week – so we hope they are wrong about that!
Below are people at the Summit. That should give you an idea of how to dress.
4. FOOD: Breakfast and lunch are supplied at the Summit and at the Pre-Summit courses. There will also be food and drink at the Wednesday night reception. Breakfast is 7-8 on Monday-Wednesday and 8-9 on Thursday-Friday.
5. RECEPTION: Plan to attend the Wednesday night TapRooT® Summit Reception. There will be live music (Carl Dixon), food, and drinks. It is a great place to meet and make friends. You are welcome to bring a guest (no kids please). The theme is the roaring 20s. For ideas on dress, see THIS LINK. Or, just come as you are!
6. BE ON TIME: Don’t miss the OPENING WELCOME at 8 AM on Wednesday. You will have three people looking to meet you during THE NAME GAME and a reward for completing the game. Also, you will get a ticket for a prize drawing whenever you are on time for a session. What are the prizes? See below…
7. CONSIDER BRINGING A LAPTOP/TABLET: Some sessions have exercises that may require a laptop or tablet. Also, we post the talks on-line (save a tree – we don’t print the talks).
8. KNOW ANYONE WHO SHOULD ATTEND? There’s barely enough time to register but if someone really needs to improve performance, they should attend the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit. Recommend it to them and send them this link for more information:
9. DON’T LEAVE EARLY! Friday is an important day at the Summit. The Roadmap to Success Session will help you see your vision of success and develop a roadmap to get there. PLUS the final speaker is the guy who inspired the movie “Catch Me If You Can,” Frank Abagnale, Jr. Don’t schedule your flight until the late afternoon. Or, better yet, stay the weekend and play some golf.
10. SHUTTLES: Shuttle from Austin Airport to Horseshoe Bay Resort: Its an easy one-hour drive out Highway 71 west. The Resort also has a shuttle service available for a fee. You can call them directly at 877-611-0112.
Hotel Transportation is subject to a fee (Club members receive a 20% discount), with the exception of the scheduled Tram rotation to the Yacht Club, Spa, and Marina; and the Shuttle to Cap Rock and Slick Rock on the hour. The fees apply to both Buses and Escalades and are as follows:
- Group Airport Services / pick-up / drop-off (per person) Group transfer pricing is available for groups with 20 or more same day airport transfer reservations. So that guests may be grouped together where possible, Horseshoe Bay Resort Transportation requires that the individual ground transfer reservations, including flight information, be submitted by a manifest list a minimum of 5 working days in advance of the scheduled arrival, with the final manifest submitted 72 hours prior to the scheduled arrival. Manifest will be provided within an excel format.
- Escalade -Austin-Bergstrom Transfer same day, from $360.00 round trip up to four passengers plus an 18% service charge.
- Escalade -San Antonio same day transfer reservations, from $420.00 round trip up to four passengers plus an 18% service charge.
- Mercedes Sprinter -Austin-Bergstrom Transfer same day, from $720.00 round trip up to eleven passengers plus an 18% service charge.
- Mercedes Sprinter -San Antonio same day transfer reservations, from $840.00 round trip up to eleven passengers plus an 18% service charge.
- Escalade – $95.00 Per Hour (plus an 18% service charge)
- Mercedes Sprinter – $180.00 Per Hour-2 hour minimum (plus 18% service charge) *14 Passenger Mini Bus – $120.00 Per Hour-2 hour minimum (plus 18% service charge)
- 56 Passenger Coach – $220.00 Per Hour-5 hour minimum (plus 18% service charge)
- 23 Passenger Bus- $150.00 Per Hour-4 hour minimum (plus 18% service charge)
- The Austin Downtown Experience – Mercedes Sprinter – $180.00 per hour four-hour minimum up to eleven passengers plus an 18% service charge. Escalade -$90.00 per hour four hour minimum up to four passengers plus an 18% service charge. Please note that the Horseshoe Bay Resort Transportation Department operates from 6am-11pm daily with advance reservations. Airport transfer requests outside of this timeframe may be handled by a Horseshoe Bay Resort Transportation Department affiliate and are subject to higher rates. *Rates are subject to change without notice. Call for availability*
11. QUESTIONS? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 865-539-2139.
Thanks for reading these brief instructions. We are looking forward to seeing you at the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit.
One last note … If you are worried about the COVID-19 virus, read this post: