Apparent Cause Analysis Done the Right Way! (Book & Training)
Using the Essential TapRooT® Techniques to Perform Apparent Cause Analysis
If you are in the nuclear industry, you have probably read my rant: The Curse of Apparent Cause Analysis (Updated). It compares Root Cause Analysis to Apparent Cause Analysis and explains why Apparent Cause Analysis is a curse.
The curse has been lifted!
Why? Because we published Book 3, which describes how to use TapRooT® RCA for low-to-moderate risk incidents. And this way of using TapRooT® RCA is perfect for Apparent Cause Analysis!
What’s in the book?
Here’s the Table of Contents …
Chapter 1: When is a Basic Investigation Good Enough?
Chapter 2: How to Investigate a Fairly Simple Problem Using the Basic Tools of the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System
- Find Out What Happened & Draw a SnapCharT®
- Decision: Stop or More to Learn?
- Find Causal Factors Using Safeguard Analysis
- Find Root Causes Using the Root Cause Tree® Diagram
- Develop Fixes Using the Corrective Action Helper Module
- Optional Step: Find and Fix Generic Causes
- What is Left Out of a Basic Investigation to Make it Easy?
Chapter 3: Comparing the Results of a 5-Why Investigation to a Basic TapRooT® Investigation
Appendix A: Quick Reference: How to Perform a Basic TapRooT® Investigation
PLUS, you receive an up-to-date TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Diagram, Dictionary, and Corrective Action Helper® Guide when you purchase the book.
WHERE CAN YOU BUY THIS BOOK?
Now you might ask:
“Where can I find effective training for investigating a low-to-moderate risk incident
and using TapRooT® RCA to perform Apparent Cause Analysis?”
The answer? The 2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course. See the upcoming PUBLIC courses HERE. Or CONTACT US to schedule training at your site.
What’s in the 2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course?
- Class Introductions
- TapRooT® Introduction
- TapRooT® System Overview – What you will be learning
- SnapCharT® Basics – Gathering Information
- SnapCharT® Exercise
- Causal Factors – Identifying Problems
- Root Cause Tree® Diagram – Eliminating Blame
- Root Cause Tree® Exercise
- Corrective Actions – Developing Fixes
- Software Overview
- Practicing the Techniques
- Generic Causes – Optional Technique
- Causal Factors – Additional Practice
- Reporting – Management Presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Exercise – Putting What You’ve Learned to Work
What comes with the course?
- TapRooT® Essentials Book
- Laminated TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®
- TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Dictionary
- Course Workbook
- Corrective Action Helper® Guide
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® Personal Software, our dynamic cloud-based software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency.
Don’t wait! These courses do fill up and you need this advanced training to learn from low-to-medium risk incidents (Precursor Incidents) to prevent major accidents.