Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Effective Corrective Actions Course
Thanks to Kevin McManus for teaching his Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Effective Corrective Actions course at the Global TapRooT® Summit in March and last week to one of our great clients in conjunction with their 2-Day TapRooT® course.
Our world-renowned 2-Day and 5-Day TapRooT® courses have been taught all over the world for over 30 years, but did you know we have other specialized advanced courses available? These specialized courses are taught each year at our Summit, but why wait? If you have a group to train, these courses can be a great supplement to your TapRooT® course.
If you would like to add the Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Effective Corrective Actions course to your onsite TapRooT® course, please let us know. Here is a brief description of the course:
This workshop explores the common types of work process and tool design flaws that contribute to human error, including fixes that fail. It also gives you a coach and a practice field for learning to write more effective and sustainable corrective and preventive actions. Finally, this workshop gives you many best practices you can use to more effectively, and proactively, ‘mistake proof’ your workplace by fixing key work process and tool design flaws.
All two-day course participants will receive a course workbook and a copy of Kevin’s latest book, “Error Proof – How to Stop Daily Goofs for Good.”
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Use best practice approaches for error proofing job tasks of any type
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities for error in a systematic manner
- Better utilize the 32 NI TapRooT® root causes through benchmarking and best practice exploration
- Assess the relative strength of different corrective action options
- Write effective corrective and preventive actions that add value and can be sustained over time
- Capture and use process-level error rates as leading indicators of corrective action effectiveness
Kevin McManus developed and teaches this course. He serves as Chief Excellence Officer for Great Systems! and has taught more than 400 TapRooT® courses. He is one of our most sought-after trainers with his wealth of knowledge.
We have other courses you can add to your TapRooT® course, such as:
- Analyzing and Fixing Safety Culture Issues
- Advanced Causal Factor Development
- Getting the Most from your TapRooT® Software
- Effective Interviewing & Evidence Collection
- Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting
- Understanding & Stopping Human Error
If you would like to schedule a course at your site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-539-2139.
Thanks for reading our blog and best wishes on your performance improvement journey.