Cape Town, Advanced TapRooT® RCA, July 17-21
Gain new skills with TapRooT® Instructor Sanjay Gandhi in the Advanced TapRooT® Course.
During the Cape Town 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Team Leader Training Root Cause Analysis Course, you’ll learn the TapRooT® System — and become professionally trained to find and fix the root causes of incidents, accidents, quality problems, precursor events, operational errors, hospital sentinel events, and many other types of problems.
Venue Information: Cape Town Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre
101 Buitengracht Street
Cape Town, 8001
Register now to join the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training Course in Cape Town, July 17-21.
How will the 5-Day Advanced TapRooT® Course in Cape Town benefit you?
You will be professionally trained to find and fix the root causes of incidents, accidents, quality problems, precursor events, operational errors, hospital sentinel events, and many other types of problems. The course will include TapRooT® tools: SnapCharT®, Root Cause Tree®, and Corrective Action Helper®, plus additional advanced topics such as CHAP, Human Engineering, Interviewing, Safeguard Analysis, and Proactive Improvement.
Whether you’re a TapRooT® veteran or a beginner, there is always something new to take away from a 5-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training course.
Once you’ve completed the course, you will receive a training certificate and a 90-day subscription to TapRooT® VI.
Be sure to bring a safety incident or quality issue when you attend the course. The report may be written, or you may share knowledge of an incident without a written report. We’ll divide into teams of 2-4 people, with each team analyzing a different problem.
Day One (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Class Introductions and TapRooT® Introduction
- TapRooT® System Overview – What You’ll Be Learning
- SnapCharT® Basics – Gathering Information
- SnapCharT® Exercise – Practice
- Causal Factors – Identifying the Errors
- Root Cause Tree® – Eliminating Blame
- Root Cause Tree® Exercise – On Your Own
- Corrective Actions – Developing Fixes
- Corrective Action Exercise
Day Two (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Software Tips
- Generic Causes – Systemic Problems
- Enhanced Corrective Actions
- Preparing for Your Investigation
- Collecting Information
- Interviewing Exercise
- Interviewing Exercise (RCA)
Day Three (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Management System & Changing Behavior
- Human Engineering
- CHAP & Exercise
- Change Analysis
- Change Analysis Exercise
- Improving Procedures
- Putting It All Together
- Work Direction & Exercise
Day Four (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Human Factors Jeopardy
- Proactive Improvement
- Auditing Using Safeguard Analysis
- Water Hammer Exercise
- Analyzing Training Problems
- Grading Investigations
- Presenting to Management
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Start Final Exercise (SnapCharT®)
Day Five (8:00 am to 1:00 pm)
- Final Exercise: Safeguards Analysis
- Final Exercise: Define Causal Factors
- Final Exercise: Find Root Causes
- Final Exercise: Find Generic Causes
- Final Exercise: Develop Fixes
- Final Exercise: Presentations
Course materials we provide:
- TapRooT® Major Investigations Book
- TapRooT® Essentials Book
- Laminated TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®
- TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Dictionary
- Course Workbook
- Corrective Action Helper® Guide
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® Personal Software, our dynamic online software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency.
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 4.0
Register here for the 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Team Leader Training Course in Cape Town, South Africa, July 17-21, with TapRooT® Instructor Sanjay Gandhi.
Circumstances can crop up anywhere at any time if proper and safe sequence and procedures are not planned and followed.
TapRooT® has a team of investigators and instructors with years of extensive training ready to offer assistance worldwide. We also offer ongoing support to our clients through free newsletters and Root cause tip videoS, the root cause analysis blog, and our annual Global TapRooT® Summit.
Register for one of our courses. We offer a basic 2-Day course and an advanced 5-Day course. Contact us or call 865.539.2139 about having a course at your site or for further root cause analysis opportunities. We’re here to find solutions for you.