Career Development: Is Your Job Killing You?
* Align workload with capability and capacity of workers.
* Make room for workers to grow and use talent in their positions.
* Ensure all workers know their job responsibilities.
* Let workers have a say in changes related to their jobs.
* Keep employees up to date on future developments so they can have some sense of certainty.
* Allow workers to socialize with one another, whether via company events, lunch activities, etc.
* Make sensible work schedules.
The seven tips above are worth examining in more detail to proactively decrease illnesses and deaths related to job stress. Over the next few weeks, we’ll discuss them in a new column series, “How to Decrease Workplace Stress.”
Click here to view larger image and learn more about workplace stress.