A Certified Instructor: Should You Become One?
What goes into becoming a Certified TapRooT® Instructor?
• • •
Have you been wanting to become a TapRooT® Instructor at your company so you can teach TapRooT® to your employees? Or, perhaps there is someone on your team (or your whole team) that would be a good fit as a TapRooT® Instructor?
Join the discussion!
This week’s TapRooT® TV video premiere featured Benna Hughes, Stephanie Tipton, and a robust conversation about what’s involved in the Certified TapRooT® Instructor experience.
Here’s the video of the discussion…
Factor these considerations into your thought processes about becoming a certified TapRooT® instructor
– Instructors should be able to teach at least once a month. It takes regular practice to be an effective instructor. We have learned it takes a year of consistent teaching to encounter most types of questions an instructor will encounter in training.
– How experienced are you at doing TapRooT®
investigations? Experience can bring great perspective to the course you are teaching, particularly when course attendees begin asking questions concerning the application of TapRooT® in real-life scenarios.
– Are you instructor material? Just because someone has a lot of experience with investigations doesn’t necessarily mean the person will make a great instructor.
– When determining your in-house instructor, bear in mind that, in many ways, the quality of your TapRooT® program is in the hands of that person.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Can I see myself in the picture above (of newly Certified TapRooT® Instructors)?
- Am I an effective communicator?
- Do I have good energy to keep the course attendees engaged for 2 days? Teaching isn’t for everyone regardless of one’s great experience in investigations. A poor instructor can create a poor system in your company. “Experienced” doesn’t always mean someone is cut out to be an instructor.
When you are looking at saving lives and maintaining a high-quality program, you want to make sure your employees are implementing the TapRooT® System correctly
That happens through effective, high-quality education and training. A person can be a great investigator, but not everyone has what it takes to be an effective instructor to teach TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, especially when the emphasis is on safety and safety training.
Another consideration in becoming an instructor is—after you or your instructors complete the 3-Day TapRooT® Train-the-Trainer course—to have us send one of our instructors to co-teach with them for a couple of courses. We don’t let our own instructors just head out to teach TapRooT® on their own without multiple co-teaches, so you would not want to do that either!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a PDF detailing the program. We will work with you to oversee if the instructor trainee is a good fit for your company and to make sure you have a quality program.
Peruse these articles and course descriptions to learn more about the experience of being a Certified TapRooT® Instructor
How to tune in to TapRooT® TV
We premiere new TapRooT® videos on Wednesdays, first on Facebook, and then at 1:00 pm EST on YouTube. For our weekly premiere, watch and chat live with other viewers as the upload is shown for the very first time. If you miss the live premiere, simply go to YouTube or Facebook Live to watch and learn.
NOTE: While you’re tuning in, be sure to:
- Tap the “Follow” button on our videos so you will receive notifications
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Turn on the notification bell to get an alert every time we upload a new video
- Don’t forget to set your clock for a weekly reminder to join TapRooT® professionals for the Wednesday TapRooT® TV video premiere!
Did you know that you can listen to TapRooT® on the go via our Podcast channel?
Find the TapRooT® podcast channel on iTunes and Stitcher and more.
Take action to improve your safety culture and eliminate human errors
Worldwide, TapRooT® has a team of investigators and instructors with years of extensive training. They’re ready to offer training and assistance via public and on-site courses.
We also offer ongoing support to our clients through free newsletters and root cause tip videos, the root cause analysis blog, and our annual Global TapRooT® Summit We’re here to find solutions for you.
TapRooT® is global to meet your needs
Please see our full selection of courses.
Want to discuss a course? Please reach out to discover what we can do for you, or call us at 865.539.2139.
Stay engaged with your skills and training
- Follow along on our blog;
- Listen to our Wednesday TapRooT® TV video sessions;
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube