Certified TapRooT® Instructors – Here’s what’s at the TapRooT® Summit for YOU!
What’s at the Summit for Certified Instructors?
First, the Best Practice Sessions in the Certified Instructor Track
- TapRooT® User Best Practices*
- Using Causal Factor Worksheets*
- What Has TapRooT® Done for Weatherford
- TapRooT® Instructor Recertification – Latest Course Updates*
- Get Connected – The TapRooT® Software Mobile App & API
- TapRooT® Implementation Success Stories
- Techniques to Become a Better Instructor
- Roadmap to Success
The sessions with the * are ones you should definately attend. Otherwise, you can customize your experience by choosing other sessions to replace the ones listed.
- Marcus Miller – Will Discipline and Criminalization Stop Accidents?
- Don McMillian – Technically Funny
- Jim Wetherbee and Mark Paradies – A Discussion About Performance Improvement
- Mark Paradies – Lives Saved and Performance Improved
- Frank Abagnale, Jr. – Catch Me If You Can (The Real Story)
Benna and Michelle Discuss the Certified Instructor Track
Certification Maintenance & Pre-Summit Courses
To maintain your certification you must attend a pre-Summit Course and the TapRoot® Summit at least every two years. Of course, we think it is a better idea to attend the Summit every year and a course every other year. What courses do you have to choose from?
- 2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training
- Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis
- TapRooT® Analyzing and Fixing Safety Culture Issues
- Risk Management – Best Practices & ROBT Risk & Opportunity Based Thinking
- TapRooT® Software Implementation & Application
- Using “What if” and TapRooT® for Hazard Assessment
- TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills
- Stopping Human Error
- Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Effective Corrective Actions
- TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement
To pick a course, first, consider which one might help you be a better instructor or help you improve your performance improvement knowledge the most.
The 2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training is a good course to refresh your knowledge and see the latest teaching techniques.
The Stopping Human Error Training is a brand new course and will give you new ideas to help improve your company’s efforts to improve human performance.
If you want to add equipment troubleshooting and root cause analysis to the things you teach, expand your license to include the Equifactor® Troubleshooting and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course (completely revised for 2020) to get ready to co-teach that course at your facility.
To get really knowledgable about the TapRoot® VI Software, attend the TapRooT® Software Implementation and Application Training.
To add evidence collection and interviewing techniques to your TapRoot® License, get started by attending the TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills Training. Barb Carr has made major improvements to this course this year.
Another skill that you may be interested in is Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke). Learn it from an expert – Kevin Mcmanus – in the Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Effective Corrective Action Training.
Are you interested in Hazard Assessment? Consider attending Joel Solomon’s course, Using “What If” and TapRooT® for Hazard Assessment.
Want to learn the latest best practices in Risk Management? Attend Jim Whiting’s course, Risk Management – Best Practices & ROBT (risk and Opportunity Based Thinking).
If your company is interested in safety culture and safety culture change, attend the TapRooT® Analyzing and Fixing Safety Culture Issues, taught by Brian Tink.
Finally, if you teach TapRooT® at medical facilities, choose the new course, TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement.
That’s a great selection of courses to choose from.
Where and When is the TapRooT® Summit?
The Summit is being held at the Horseshoe Bay Resort near Austin, Texas, on March 9-13.
More Info & Registration
Get more information at this link…
And register at this link…