2-Day Effective Interviewing & Evidence Collection
There is so much to remember when collecting evidence … and so much to lose if you are not prepared.
- Ever have trouble completing a SnapCharT® because you lacked pieces of information?
- How can you be certain what to collect?
- How do you help witnesses to an incident remember important facts with better accuracy?
- What is an effective sequential structure for conducting an interview?
Solid evidence collection skills are critical to finding the real root causes of incidents. Evidence collection supports the investigation with facts (not opinions) and creates a clear sequence of events. Sharpen your skills by attending training and practicing skills through hands-on exercises.
Day 1 of this 2-day course is focused on pre-planning, emergency response and collecting evidence (physical evidence, recordings, and paper evidence). Overviews of the TapRooT® investigation processes are presented to demonstrate how evidence collection fits into the TapRooT® System. It is essential to build an accurate timeline in an investigation, so SnapCharT® basics are also reviewed on Day 1 for those who have not taken TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training or those who need a refresher.
Day 2 is all about collecting people evidence. Most investigators have not had formal training on how to conduct investigative interviews, yet people evidence is crucial to solving problems; therefore, the TapRooT® 12-Step Interviewing Process is presented in depth and practiced. This day includes how to use TapRooT® techniques like Change Analysis, and how to use the Root Cause Tree and Dictionary, essential tools for evidence collection. Finally, attendees learn how to “hear” what’s not said during an interview by de-coding non-verbal cues.
- Evidence Collection Quiz
- What is Evidence Collection?
- TapRooT® Investigation Processes
- Pre-Planning for Evidence Collection
- Emergency Response & Scene Management
- SnapCharT® Basics
- Evidence to Collect – 3Ps & an R
- Evidence to Collect – 3Ps & an R (Continued)
- Change Analysis
- Human Factors: The Root Cause Tree & Dictionary
- Observation Quiz
- TapRooT® 12-Step Interview Process
- DeCoding Non-Verbal Behavior
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® VI, our dynamic online software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency.