TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills
If you don’t have reliable information supporting the facts on your SnapCharT®, you may miss root causes. This course helps investigators perform better interviews and collect more accurate evidence.
There is so much to remember during evidence collection … and so much to lose if you are not prepared.
- Ever have trouble completing a sequence of events on a SnapCharT® because you lacked pieces of information?
- How can you remember what to collect?
- What is an effective structure for conducting an investigation interview?
- How do you help witnesses to an incident remember important facts with better accuracy during an investigative interview?
- What is the best way to handle the challenges of preservation and contamination of evidence?
Learn the answer to these questions and advanced techniques to gather evidence and perform cognitive interviews. These advanced techniques will improve your investigations by avoiding many common problems that plague investigators.
Intro & Skills Inventory
Preplanning & Evidence Collection
Evidence Collection & the TapRooT® Investigation Processes
Prepare for an Initial Site Visit: the Planning SnapCharT®
TapRooT® Root Cause Tree & Dictionary for Evidence Collection
Critical Human Action Profile
Active Listening Skills
Decoding Nonverbal Behavior
Effective Interviewing for Incident Investigations
2-Day Public Course Option
This course is offered as a 2-Day Virtual Public course Pre-Summit. (Register below.)
1 or 2-Day Course Option
Want to train ten or more at your site? This course is also offered as a 1 or 2-day virtual (standalone) course.
The modules are flexible. For a 1-day course, we can deep-dive the topics of most interest to you and give a general overview of those that are less important to your team. (Investigative interviewing is a popular topic!)