In all your HSEQ risk domains and management Systems – are you frustrated that the outcomes of your current risk assessments performed in your organization lack consistency, confidence, reliability, and accuracy?
Do you & your facilitators and participants of risk assessments have the knowledge & skills to use the most effective RA methods and tools?
This course is a live participative learning experience with interactive engagement by discussion, group & individual exercises & quizzes taught by an experienced Risk Management expert. As such participant numbers are restricted to a maximum of 16.
With ZOOM breakout rooms of 4 participants each.
Risk & Opportunity Based Thinking ROBT & Risk & Opportunity Assessments R&OA are strongly promoted by the latest versions of ISO 31000 / ISO 45001 / ANSI Z10 / ISO 14001 / ISO 9001 / ANSI Z590.3 as definitely needed in each and every R&O-informed decision-making process.
ROBT and R&OA need to be applied in all aspects of your business without being confused and undermined by subjective beliefs, biases and risk perceptions.
The course has been continually improved. It still covers the core Best Practices that have made facilitation and participation in R&O assessments as accurate and reliable as possible. Improvements include:
The presenter is Australian Jim Whiting, an international risk management expert, and long-time TapRooT® Instructor, who demonstrates that a SnapCharT® can be used for graphical representation of a R&O Scenario Maps. The course is facilitated in a participative workshop format.
Jim brings his risk management and root cause analysis experience and best practices from around the world (Australia, North America, Asia, Africa, and Europe) to this course. If you are interested in advancing the quality of your risk assessments in ALL risk domains, but particularly HSEQ, then attend and profit from this course.
|Day 1 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm with frequent breaks)||Day 2 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm with frequent breaks)|
|• Introductions & ZOOM groupings|
• Overview HSEQ Risk & Opportunity Management R&OM –
– contrast Risks and Opportunities.
• Purposes, Approaches, and Methods Strengths & Limitations – the basis for a new safety culture based on Safety II, Safety Differently and HOP principles and practices QUIZ 1
• ROBT Risk & Opportunity Based Thinking in ISO9001,ISO14001 & ISO 45001 & ANSI / ASSPZ10
• How to establish/compare your R&OM System to conform with Standards ANSI/ASSP/ISO 31000:2018, Z690.2 and CAN/CSA/ISO 31000 QUIZ 2
• Better Risk Communication & Consultation with ROC Talk
• Misuses of HSEQ Risk & Opportunity Management Language QUIZ 3
• Neuroscience-based explanations of the variability of risk perceptions & risk-taking
• R&O Identification incl. construction and use of R&O Scenario Maps QUIZ 4
(compare RCA Maps e.g. SnapCharT®)
• Exercise in R&O Scenario Mapping
• LUNCH BREAK
• R&O Analysis
– 3 levels of R&O Analysis
• How to ensure that the Matrix Method really works for you – DELPHI technique QUIZ 5
• Quantitative R&O Analysis
• Logic Trees and Bow-Ties
• Decision Trees
• Discuss use of methods of ANSI Z690.3 and IEC 31010: 2019
• Exercises in R&O Analysis
• Summary of Day 1 Topics
|• Revision of Previous Day 1 Topics QUIZ 6|
• Matching the R&OM methods and tools to specific risk questions and situations
• R&O Evaluation & R&O Owners QUIZ 7
• Risk tolerability criteria and frameworks at all levels personal / social / corporate / industry /national / international
• How to demonstrate ALARP – As Low As Reasonably Practicable & SOFAIRP
• Risk Treatment / Control Plans – Contrast Corrective Actions with Risk Controls & Opportunity Enablers
• Measures of Effectiveness of Risk Controls
• A new version of Hierarchy of Risk Controls – principles and applications – Optioneering QUIZ 8
• Exercises in Risk Evaluation and Risk Treatment / Control / Mitigation
• Record / Monitor / Review
• R&O Registers & Dashboards
• LUNCH BREAK
• Exercises with Attendees’ own examples
• Tips for Facilitating a R&O Assessment
• Successes and Traps in Setting up R&OM systems and R&OA processes to conform/comply with ANSI /ASSP/ISO 31000 Z690 & CAN/CSA/ISO 31000, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001
• Summary of Course
• Optional Post Workshop Exercise & Mentoring / Coaching by email & 1 to 1 ZOOM meetings for individual assessment.
Attend this course, go back to work, and apply the advanced risk management techniques you have learned. If you cannot prove that performance is getting better by using the techniques learned in this course, simply return your course materials and we will refund the entire course fee.
Contact us to discuss the best solution for your company.Contact Us