2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement Training (15 Continuing Nursing Education Contact Hours, Tennessee)
This is a special course designed to teach the advanced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to people focused on improving patient safety.
This continuing professional development activity was approved by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, for 15 contact hours.
We noticed long ago (1996), that hospitals weren’t finding the root causes of problems causing patient harm. We knew that the TapRooT® System could help. And we started getting leaders to try TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to improve patient safety.
Fast forward to 2018. We decided to write a book, Improve Patient Safety with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, a custom healthcare-oriented Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, and a course to teach the advanced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to healthcare professionals.
Day 1 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Class Introductions and TapRooT® Introduction
- TapRooT® System Overview – What you will be learning
- SnapCharT® Basics – Gathering Information
- SnapCharT® Exercise – Practice
- Causal Factors – Identifying the Error
- Root Cause Tree® – Eliminating Blame
- Root Cause Tree® Exercise – On Your Own
- Corrective Actions – Developing Fixes
Day 2 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Software Overview – Practicing the Techniques
- Generic Causes – Optional Technique
- Causal Factors – Additional Practice
- Reporting – Management Presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Exercise – Putting What You’ve Learned to Work
Now, you can attend the first public course with all healthcare-related examples.
Besides saving patient’s lives and preventing harm to the hospital’s staff, what can TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis do for a hospital?
- Improve hospital financials
- Reduce risk
- Improve the quality of care
- Help create a just culture
- Reduce financial penalties for bad outcomes (never events)
- Reduce litigation costs by reducing sentinel events
- Increase efficient hospital operation
That’s why hospital administrators and their patient safety experts need to attend this course.
Participants will receive the book, Improve Patient Safety with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, a $99.95 value, a TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®, a custom healthcare-oriented Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, a Corrective Action Helper® Guide, and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® VI, our dynamic online software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency.
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 1.6