Department of Energy Maintenance Best Practices
Interested in a web site with maintenance best practices from DOE sites? See:
Now that you’ve had a look at the DOE web best practice site, consider attending a conference with a whole track about maintenance improvement and best practices – the TapRooT® Summit.
Equipment Reliability & Maintenance Best Practices Track of the TapRooT® Summit
(Track Leader – Ken Reed)
1. How “Minor” Mechanical Failures Lead to Major Accidents (Wednesday, 10:30-12: Ken Reed)
2. 7 Step Method for Electronic Troubleshooting (Wednesday, 1-2:20: Ken Reed)
3. Equipment Failure Show & Tell (Wednesday, 2:40-3:55: Ken Turnbull & Steve Swarthout)
4. Rickover’s Legacy – Safety and Equipment Reliability – Secrets of the Nuclear Navy’s Success (Thursday, 9:10-10:20: Ken Reed)
5. Developing an Equipment Troubleshooting Strategy (Thursday, 10:40-12: Ken Reed)
6. Equipment Reliability Best Practices (Thursday, 1-2:20: Ken Reed, Facilitator)
SKF Speaker – To Be Determined
TapRooT(R) User – To Be Determined
7. Lessons from The Crime Scene – Evidence Preservation for Accident Investigation Thursday, 2:40-3:55: Ken Reed)
8. Proactive Use of Equifactor(R) to Improve Equipment Reliability (Friday, 9:15-10:25: Steve Swarthout)
Also, Summit attendees can attend a special pre-Summit 2-Day TapRooT®/Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis Course and save $200 off the course tuition when they also sign up for the Summit.