Earth Day: Environmental Steward
Today is Earth Day, a great opportunity to look at various systems that sustain your life and the lives of others. I hope that you are already captivated with appreciation and awareness for the world we live in. I know the beauty of East Tennessee (my hometown) motivates me to protect the Earth and be an environmental steward.
Improving in your everyday life can include recycling, planting trees, eating locally grown foods, and volunteering. But what about stewardship in the workplace?
Conducting business in a socially responsible manner is of the upmost importance for your company. Not only is the Earth depending on you, but your company is too. An environmental accident can cause your company to lose the ability to operate and spend valuable resources. For example, EPA fines can be upwards of $100,000 per day for non-compliance with regulations. That is a lot of money!
Taking pride in your environmental and safety record is a place to start when trying to be a good steward of the Earth. Caring about sustainable business practices and finding ways to continuously improve is even better. You can do this by implementing a quality program for incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Stop accidental pollution of air, water, and soil.
- Avoid regulatory attention and fines for environmental releases.
- Improve sustainability by reducing waste.
- Improve process safety to comply with EPA regulations.
- Become proactive to avoid accidental releases and environmental non-compliance issues.
SAVE THE EARTH, ONE INVESTIGATION AT A TIME
• Find root causes that you previously would have overlooked.
• Understand and fix the causes of human error.
• Improve equipment reliability to reduce equipment cause environmental releases.
• Avoid fines by preventing accidental environmental releases and other non-compliance issues.
It’s time to learn more about TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis and see what it can do to help you improve your environmental stewardship?
Stephanie Tipton – TapRooT® Instructor/ Global Strategic Development