Root Cause Analysis Tip: Add Color to your SnapCharT® in v5 Easily
Users in the new v5 application can easily add color to every shape on their SnapCharT® by following these simple steps:
- Open the investigation or audit you are working on by highlighting it in the My Documents section of the User Landing Page and selecting OPEN.
- Through the 7-Step Process Menu select OPEN for the investigation you are working on under Manage Documents by any SnapCharT® step. Then selecting NEW on the Associated Documents Screen.
- Add a shape to the chart by selecting the proper shape under Create Chart and then double clicking in the editor.
- With the shape selected, select the Shape Color drop-down and select the desired color, and select OK.
- While the shape is selected, click inside the shape once the color is added (this ensures the shape is selected).
- Simply hit CTRL-V and you will be able to duplicate that shape with colors. Do this multiple times to add as many shapes as you like.
- Repeat this process for other shapes as added.
- Move shapes where needed and add text using the Text editor at the top center.
This process can be used when creating a SnapCharT® Template as well. Here is a link to that article:
Get the most from your software! Here are three ways:
1. Customize your 2012 Summit schedule and add the best practice session “What’s New In TapRooT® Software”.
2. Sign up for the 2012 Summit track, TapRooT® Software Super Users/Administrators.
3. Register for the exclusive Pre-Summit Course, Getting the Most from Your TapRooT® Software.
Ed Skompski is a Partner and Vice President of System Improvements, Inc.