EHS Audit Team Leader Position in Memphis , TN
The EHS Audits group develops implements and maintains programs and systems to assess compliance with government requirements and company policy, as well as supports the continuous improvement efforts of our manufacturing facilities and businesses.
A successful candidate will be capable of coordinating and leading on-site audits and other similar assessments with minimal managerial oversight. Demonstrated leadership in all EHS program areas is not expected; however, a strong environmental and technical background is required along with the ability to undertake new environmental, health and safety program areas. The job requires approximately 50% travel, including international travel. Most travel is scheduled weeks in advance but some may be on a same day/next day basis.
– Identify all cases of noncompliance with environmental regulations and corporate policies at manufacturing plants in the course of audits.
– Identify weaknesses in facility procedures, programs, and management systems which may lead to noncompliance if not corrected.
– Partner with business management and Regional EHS managers in identifying appropriate corrective action alternatives, as well as tracking the implementation of these corrective actions.
– Develop timely and accurate audit reports.
– Promote the understanding of environmental obligations and
compliance assurance methods to facility staff in a clear and meaningful way.
– Effectively communicate audit findings/information to facility staff and business management.
– Review and analyze audit findings to identify potential trends.
– Identify weaknesses and improvement opportunities in auditing methodologies and protocols to raise the certainty of identifying
existing compliance problems.
– Effectively participate/lead cross-functional teams in development and implementation of global programs in response to complex EHS issues and be willing and interested in pursuing other non-audit EHS assignments as the opportunity presents itself.
Minimum of 8-10 years in manufacturing, technical fields with responsibilities for environmental compliance and management systems, preferably with some auditing experience in the pulp and paper industry.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please take a moment to review the position on our website ( http://www.internationalpaper.com ). From the International Paper homepage, click on the Careers link at the top of the page in the gray bar. Once on the careers page click on the link “Search for career opportunities”. This will bring you to a position search page were you can search for the specific opening by entering the keyword “40009377”.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V