How to Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls at Your Facility
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, slips, trips and falls make up the majority of general industry accidents. Here are some eye-opening statistics:
- 95 million workdays per year are lost due to slip-and-fall injuries
- 9 million people go to the hospital each year due to slips, trips, and falls.
- Slips, trips, and falls are the number one cause of workers’ compensation claims costing, on average, $20,000 per claim.
- The average time off due to a fall accident is 38 days.
- Occupations with the most slips, trips, and falls are food servive workers, nurses, janitors, and police officers.
- Slips, trips, and falls account for 65% of all work days lost due to injury.
(Source of statistics: EHS Today)
Isn’t it time you did something about slips, trips, and falls at your company? Start planning now to attend the 2014 pre-Summit courses titled “Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls” (April 7-8, 2014, Horseshoe Bay Texas).
Rob Shaw, expert in preventing slips, trips, and falls from the UK Health & Safety Laboratory, is coming to the US to share the results of his research. This includes practical exercises to reduce the likelihood of slips, trips, and falls at your facility.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
Also, sign up for the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit. You can learn best practices to improve safety from industry leaders and experts from around the world.
Learn more about the Summit or
Learn more about this course.