First VIRTUAL Public Stopping Human Error Training: June 14-15
Virtual and In-Person Stopping Human Error Training
Mark Paradies, human factors expert and Board Certified Ergonomist (certificate #85) and Alex Paradies, experienced TapRooT® Instructor and Lean Transformation leader will be teaching the first public, hybrid Stopping Human Error Course on June 14-15. That’s just before the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit.
What is a hybrid course? It is a live course that is also streamed and taught VIRTUALLY. And this is the first time that we have live-streamed this course in a virtual format.
We have the virtual teaching process down. Alex is an expert in developing and hosting these types of courses. Therefore, we decided that we can combine both the live course and a virtual course into a single event.
This is the FIRST time the Stopping Human Error Course will be available in a streamed format. If you can’t travel to attend in-person in Knoxville, TN, on June 14-15, then the Virtual Stopping Human Error Course is the next best thing.
Stopping Human Error Course
The Stopping Human Error Course will help you understand:
- The causes of human error
- Human factors design best practices
- Methods to find error likely situations
- Techniques to help supervisors and workers prevent human errors
- CHAP (Critical Human Action Profile)
- Human Performance improvement Technology
- Designing your human performance improvement program.
Here is the course outline:
Day 1 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
- Foundations of Improving Human Performance
- Resilience and Safeguards
- Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Reactive Problem Analysis
- Using TapRooT® Human Performance Best Practices Proactively
- Human Engineering
- Management System
- Work Direction
- Quality Control
- Stopping Normalization of Deviation
- Pre-Job Hazard Analysis
- Pre-Job Briefs
- Personal Safety Assessment
Day 2 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
- Applying Critical Human Action Profile Proactively
- Human Performance Improvement Technology
- Procedure Use/Adherence
- Place Keeping
- Independent Verification
- Three-Way Communication
- Pre-Job Brief
- Personal Safety Assessment
- Observation and Coaching
- Post-Job Brief
- Concurrent Verification
- Questioning Attitude
- Time Out
- Attention to Detail
- Management of Change
- Error Traps and Precursors
- Validate Assumptions
- Do Not Disturb Sign
- Conservative Decision Making
- Admiral Rickover and “Facing the Facts”
- Which Tools Will Work Best for You?
- Sample Plan/Suggested Plan
- Customizing Your Plan
- Present Your Plan, Benchmarking, and Feedback
With the frequent exercises, this is an active, quick-moving 2-day course.
Virtual Learning Environment
The virtual course uses an online teaching platform. Each student must have their own computer, with a webcam on during the class, allowing them to see the instructor, be seen by the instructor, and interact with the class. There will be continuous opportunities for participation, with plenty of breaks to keep everyone engaged. Team exercises will be completed throughout the course and will utilize cloud-based TapRooT® Software.
Stopping Human Error Course Materials
For virtual course attendees, these materials will be mailed when registration payment is received. (Hopefully to arrive before the course if the post office cooperates.)
- TapRooT® Equifactor® Book
- Laminated TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®
- TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Dictionary
- Corrective Action Helper® Guide
- 2-Day Equifactor® Course Workbook
More Course Information
Would you like to learn more about the course and Stopping Human Error before you register? Then watch this video…
Register for the Stopping Human Error Course
You can register to attend the live, in-person course, or the virtual course. Both are being held on June 14-15. The live, in-person course will be held in Knoxville, TN. What does the course cost? Only $1425 in either the in-person format or the virtual format. Register by clicking on the button below.
Register for the Stopping Human Error Course and the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit and SAVE!
Here is more good news. If you want to sign up for the Stopping Human Error Training on June 14-15 AND the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit on June 16-18, you can Save $200 off the combined price. That’s just $2320 for two days of training and the three days of the Summit. You get this discount if you attend in-person or virtually.
To register for both the course and the Summit, and get the discount, click on the button below…