Help Improving Incident Investigation
Are you interested in improving your own investigations skills or the investigation process for your whole company?
First let’s discuss improving your own skills.
The fastest way to improve is to attend a TapRooT(R) Course.
If I had the time and was serious about obtaining advanced skills, I’d take the 5-Day TapRooT(R) Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Course.
But even people who have attended TapRooT(R) Training can continue to improve.
The best idea for them is to attend the TapRooT(R) Summit.
At the 2006 Summit on April 5-8, 2006, in Gatlinburg, TN, the Advanced Investigation Skills Track includes the following small group breakout sessions:
– The New SnapCharT?? Software
– Investigation/Corrective Action Best Practices
– Best Practices for Managing Investigations with Potential for Litigation
– Analyzing Fatigue as a Cause of Errors
– Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your Investigations
– Innovative Thinking & Creative Corrective Actions
– TapRooT?? User Best Practices
– Best Practices for Fast Analysis of Small Problems
In addition, they will attend the general session panel discussion titled:
“What is the Most Important Factor in Leading an Investigation”
And before the Summit (April 3-4, 2006) are advanced courses that will help TapRooT(R) Users improve even more. They can choose from:
– Advanced Trending Techniques
– Coaching Skills
– Creative Solutions
– TapRooT(R) Software Administrator Course
– Stopping Human Error
– Risk Analysis & Management Best Practices Course
– How To Interview & Gather Evidence
Of course, those who haven’t been to TapRooT(R) Training can attend either the:
TapRooT(R) Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis Course
TapRooT(R)/Equifactor(R) Equipment Troubleshooting & Root Cause Analysis Course.
AND then the TapRooT(R) Summit.
– – –
Now for those interested in improving investigations across their whole company, I once again recommend attending the 5-Day TapRooT(R) Course.
But I also recommend attending the Investigation Best Practices Track at the TapRooT(R) Summit.
This track is slightly different than the Advanced Investigation Skills Track. The small group breakout sessions for the Investigation Best Practices Track include:
– Establishing a Just Culture/No Blame Environment for More Effective Investigations
– Investigation/Corrective Action Best Practices (same)
– Best Practices for Managing Investigations with Potential for Litigation (same)
– Ranking the Risk of Your Incidents & the Importance of Your Corrective Actions
– Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your Investigations (same)
– Regulatory Investigations
– TapRooT?? User Best Practices (same)
– Best Practices for Fast Analysis of Small Problems (same)
And for those who have attended a TapRooT(R) Course already, I would definitely recommend the Advanced Trending Techniques Course as one of the best advanced courses for someone planning to improve their incident investigation process across a company.
Hope this helps you decide to attend the Summit. To register see: