How Do You Use Your Root Cause Analysis Data?
I was at a meeting last week and the topic came up about how people used their root cause analysis data. To my surprise, about half the companies represented didn’t have a way to produce any type of graphs. The other half could produce pie charts using Microsoft Excel. There were one or two other people who had other ways to look at their data that they manually put into a system of some sort.
That got me thinking:
How do readers of this e-Newsletter use their root cause analysis data?
So I established this poll so that people could respond.
Click on the comments link below (and then scroll down to the comments box) and just let me know what you do.
After a week or two I will compile the data and report it in another e-Newsletter post.
Pass this on to others you know and let’s see how many people we can get to comment.
– – – –
How do you use your root cause analysis data:
1) We don’t have a way to collect our data across the site/company so we don’t use it.
2) We collect the data but don’t have a way to present it graphically.
3) We collect the data and put it in Excel and produce pie charts.
4) We collect the data and put it in Excel and produce Pareto Charts and X mR Charts.
5) We collect the data and put it in Excel and produce other types of charts (please list them).
6) We use TapRooT® Software but I haven’t thought about how to use our data.
7) We use TapRoot® Software and use the charting function in it to analyze our data.
8) We use other software and use it to trend our data using charts (please list software and chart types)
9) Other (tell us what you do)
– – – –
One more note:
a) Read Chapter 5 pf the TapRooT® Book.
b) Attend the 2-Day Advanced Trending Techniques Course on April 7-8 that is being held just before the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit (just outside Austin, TX).
c) Attend the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit and see the latest trending features being built into the TapRooT® Software.