How far away is death?
How far away is death: Where is your mind when you’re behind the wheel?
Every seven seconds, someone is hurt in a car crash. We never want it to be us, loved ones, or friends when we think about “how far away is death?”
Today is July 4th, a day when many of us travel to celebrate with friends and family. Please make safe driving part of your plans for the 4th . . . and every day.
The U.S. is in its third straight year of at least 40,000 roadway deaths. The National Safety Council (NSC) has released preliminary estimates that signal three consecutive years of at least 40,000 lives lost to car crashes.
NSC encourages motorists to:
- Practice defensive driving. Buckle up, designate a sober driver or arrange alternative transportation, get plenty of sleep to avoid fatigue, and drive attentively, avoiding distractions.
- Stay engaged in teens’ driving habits. Visit DriveitHOME.org for resources.
- Learn how to use your vehicle’s safety systems. Visit MyCarDoesWhat.org for information.
- Fix recalls immediately. Visit ChecktoProtect.org to ensure your vehicle does not have an open recall.
- Ask lawmakers and state leaders to protect travelers on state roadways. The NSC State of Safety report shows which states have the strongest and weakest traffic safety laws.
- Join the Road to Zero to understand how safety professionals are addressing motor vehicle fatalities. Visit nsc.org/roadtozero to get involved.
The TapRooT® System trains you to solve problems
Circumstances can crop up in any occupation at any time if proper and safe sequence and procedures are not planned and followed. We encourage you to learn and use the TapRooT® System to solve problems.
TapRooT® has a team of investigators and instructors with years of extensive training ready to offer assistance worldwide. We also offer ongoing support to our clients through Free Newsletters and Root Cause Tip Videos, the Root Cause Analysis Blog, and our annual Global TapRooT® Summit.
Register for a TapRooT® Course
Register for one of our courses. We offer a basic 2-Day course and an advanced 5-Day course. Contact US or call 865.539.2139 about having a course at your site or for further root cause analysis training opportunities. We’re here to find solutions for you.