Installing TapRooT® on a Netbook Computer
“Installing TapRooT® on a Netbook Computer” is an article submitted by Steve Raycraft, our Technical Support Rep. Thanks, Steve!
Use This Procedure If …
– You want to install the TapRooT® System Software on your netbook computer.
The default resolution for most netbook computers is 1024×600 and as a result, you will get the following error when you try to open the TapRooT® software:
The way to resolve this issue is to force your computer to use the resolution of 1024×768. Here are the steps to do that:
1. Right-click on your desktop and select Properties to display your Desktop Properties.
2. Go to the Settings tab and press the ADVANCED button to bring up the Adaptor and Monitor Properties window.
3. Select the Monitor tab and uncheck the box ‘Hide modes that this monitor cannot display’ and press OK.
4. You can now go to the Settings tab and change the resolution to 1024×768. Keep in mind, you will need to scroll to see your entire screen after changing the resolution.
5. Double-click on the TapRooT® System Software icon and the software will now open.