Is Discipline All That Is Needed?
You’ve seen it hundreds of times. Something goes wrong and management starts the witch hunt. WHO is to BLAME?
Is this the best approach to preventing future problems? NO! Not by a long shot.
We’ve written about the knee-jerk reaction to discipline someone after an accident many times. Here are a few links to some of the better articles:
- Wacky Willie
- Will Discipline Fix the CTA’s Problems?
- USS Hartford / USS New Orleans Collision & Subsequent Discipline
- Should You Discipline BEFORE an Investigation is Complete?
- What Should Managers Know About Root Cause Analysis?
- Root Cause Analysis – Do it before even thinking about discipline!
Let me sum up what we know …
Always do a complete root cause analysis BEFORE you discipline someone for an incident. You will find that most accidents are NOT a result of bad people who lack discipline. Thus, disciplining innocent victims of the systems just leads to uncooperative employees and moral issues.
In the very few cases where discipline is called for after a root cause analysis, you will have the facts to justify the discipline.
For those who need to learn about effective advanced root cause analysis techniques that help you find the real causes of problems, attend out 5-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training. See: http://www.taproot.com/courses