Is Something Missing? What You MUST Do Before the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit
Are you forgetting this one crucial step?
Before the Summit: Make sure to sign in to your Whova Account and create your profile. Your profile should include a recent photo, your company, job title, bio, and contact information. Continue reading for instructions on how to set up your profile.
ALL attendees, speakers, and System Improvements Staff will be using Whova regardless of joining in-person or virtually.
Note: Pre-Summit course attendees and others are welcome to begin exploring the features at any time although Attendees will not need to use the app until Wednesday, the official start of the Summit.
How to Get Whova
If you haven’t heard, we are using an online platform called Whova (pronounced WHOO-VAH) for virtual and in-person attendees. You need to download the Whova Mobile App or Access It From the Web Platform (www.whova.com) and create your profile as soon as possible.
Accessing the Summit Event
Next, Access the Summit page. The app should take you to the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit automatically as long as the email account you used to sign in matches the email account used for Summit registration.
Then you are able to:
- View our event agenda and plan your personal schedule
- Access handouts, video recording, or streaming (if virtual) directly within sessions
- Utilize the session Q&A to ask questions
- Set up in-person/virtual meet-ups with other attendees to connect and network
- Create and converse through various Discussion Topics in the Community Board
How to Create Your Profile
USING THE PHONE APP: Click on the circle at the top right of the app. There are three places to pay attention to – Edit Profile, My Contact Info & QR Code, and Settings. Most info will be added in the Edit Profile Section.
For your contact information (business card), you can add various forms of contact for others to reach out to you.
Lastly, in settings ensure that your Profile visibility is on.
USING THE COMPUTER WEB APP: You can create an account without a smartphone. The desktop version is provided for attendees so they can more easily view virtual sessions. Not all of the mobile app features are available on the web app, but that will be ok.
- Using your computer, go to this direct link: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/tapro_202106/
- Be sure to use the same email you used to register for the Summit when creating your account
- Once you’re in, you can edit your profile by first clicking on the “Attendees” from the left menu bar
- Then the edit profile option will display on the right-hand side of the page
If you aren’t directly added to the event and are asked for an event invitation code when accessing the event, please email email@example.com
Already used the Whova app in the past? Double-check that it is installed on your phone, and log in using your existing account email and password.
If you need more guidance on how to use Whova to attend the event, please visit Whova User Guides.