Job Opening: Alcoa, TN – Safety Manager – Needs Accident Investigation Skills
The Safety Manager is responsible for the execution of Company Safety Program. Specifically, develops, implements, and monitors all programs and activities to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local safety regulations. This responsibility extends to special development projects as applicable. Provide recommendations and resolutions through various training initiatives for various safety and risk management programs to promote a safe work environment and to minimize the risks involves in injuries, and the operations of the Company equipment.
• Develop, implement, monitor, and report on all Company programs and activities to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local safety regulations, and Company policies/rules .
• Assist in compliance with OSHA Construction and General Industry regulations and manage compliance with other applicable safety and occupational standards; take immediate and appropriate action when employees are not in compliance with such standards.
• Implement, evaluate and advise management staff and employees safety measures and precautions to ensure minimal risk in productivity and work activities.
• Monitor accidents and injuries to determine remedial training initiatives and/or disciplinary actions to promote a safe working environment.
• Conduct accident investigations and reporting relating to incumbents involved in at-fault, injuries, fatalities or other injury related incidents involving company vehicles, equipment, commercial vehicles or office equipment.
• Facilitate classroom training for management staff and employees of various equipment operations, (i.e. forklift, fall protection, etc.)
• Maintain a professional partnership with employees, management, vendors and the public.
• Attend workshops, seminars, training courses and professional development programs for the purpose of insuring compliance with all occupational safety laws, rules and regulations. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE• High School diploma or an equivalent recognized certification
• Associate degree preferred.
• Management experience required.
• At least 3-5 years experience in safety field. in the construction industry or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability for the position.
• Federal, state, and local codes and regulations pertaining to safety.
• Accident analysis and reporting.
• Analysis of accident/incident frequency and severity rates
• Health & safety audits.
• Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation of employees.
• Effect computer, verbal and written skillsSKILLS Ability to:• Apply common sense understanding to implement safety policy.
• Work competently and rationally under emergency and urgent situations.
• Conduct thorough, effective and dynamic safety training sessions
• Reason through problems and faults to arrive at safe and prompt resolution.
• Read, interpret, evaluate, and implement federal, state, and local safety rules and regulations.
• Effective communication methods with management and supervisory staff and ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to managers, supervisions, consultants, and contractors.
• Develop policies and procedures to maintain a comprehensive safety program.
• Regulatory interaction and negotiation.
• Conducting safety audits.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.Additional skills may be required to perform additional tasks specific to work location, department, or line of business. CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
No specific certification or licenses are required but any safety related designations or applicable training courses are a plus and should be noted on your resume. WORKING CONDITIONS Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts, in elevated dangerous conditions and outdoors. Significant exposure to adverse weather conditions, sun exposure, cold, heat, loud noise, chemicals, dust, odors, fumes, mechanical hazards, fire hazards and electrical hazards.
Please email resumes to:
Human Resource Manager
Massey Electric Company