Job Opening: Bechtel Jacobs Company – Oak Ridge, TN – Tech Supp Spec I/II
Bechtel Jacobs Company (a TapRooT® User) in Oak Ridge is looking to fill a technical position involving waste management. The job duties are:
– Comply with all ES&H requirements and ensure that IMS functions and principles are applied to Waste Management and Transportation work.
– Provide direction and coordination for project implementation of Waste Management and Transportation activities, including but not limited to acceptance and shipment of waste to on- and off-site TSDRFs.
– Responsible for day to day supervision of deployed Waste Management and Transportation staff members.
– Provide input and review of the projects implementing documents to ensure that Waste Management and Transportation requirements are adequately addressed.
– Ensure that the project addresses waste characterization needs during development of DQOs and Sampling Programs.
– Assist projects in development of contracts to ensure waste is properly characterized, shipped, and dispositioned. This activity includes writing technical scope statements and identifying reasonable costs for scope of work. Support the project to ensure that the scope of work is accomplished as defined.
– Support the development of Life Cycle Baselines for the projects waste generation.
– Provide both written and oral communication to the project regarding the management and disposition of waste.
– Provide guidance to the project regarding RCRA, TSCA, DOT and other waste-related regulations and statutes.
– Perform periodic assessments of Waste Management and Transportation activities, e.g., waste processing, packaging and shipment.
– Provide WGS with project information necessary to prepare waste profiles, for example, design drawings, process knowledge, analytical data, WHPs, S&A Plans, NCSDs, ASAs, and radiological permits.
– Coordinate with the WGS Project Manager to assign adequate waste management and transportation resources to the project.
– Maintain routine communication with the WGS Project Manager for waste management and transportation guidance and direction.
– Provide project-based input and review of WGS Waste Management and Transportation systems, programs, policies, procedures and plans.
The job requires the following qualifications:
– Bachelors degree in science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
– Ten (10) years experience in professional level waste management and transportation job positions, including five (5) years in waste management, five (5) years at DOE facilities, and three (3) years in one or more of the following:
– waste certification
– waste characterization/profiling
– waste transportation
– waste acceptance
Active DOE L or Q clearance or ability to obtain is required.
To apply, see job 5310 at: