Job Openings: Incident Investigators Needed (Two Positions Open)
I just received this job posting from a Saskatoon consulting company currently recruiting two resources (cross-shift) for a client at a northern Saskatchewan uranium mine. If you are interested please reply to the e-mail address listed at the end of this post. Thank you!
- Investigate or lead investigations into various incidents occurring at a northern uranium mine site.
- Incidents may include: health/safety, environmental, operations, loss to process, non-conformance events and near misses.
- Meet regularly with the corrective action specialist to review new events and determine priority for investigation, report status of open investigations and action plans.
- Develop recommendations to prevent and/or minimize potential of recurrence and impact.
- Assist corrective action specialist with delivery of corrective action program.
- Previous experience in conducting incident investigations using applicable methodologies
- Experience in industrial work settings
- Knowledge of various incident analysis techniques/methodologies
- Knowledge of safety, health and environment management theory
- Experience in managing multiple investigations simultaneously
- Ability to work in groups or on own with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work with a diverse group of trades and professionals
- Good organization, communication and people skills.
- Proficiency with MSOffice (Word and Excel) and general computer skills.
Schedule is 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (1 hr. lunch) in shifts of 7 days in/7 days off. Contract position required immediately until end of 2013 (with potential to extend). Group insurance and health benefits offered (after 3 months employment). Flights from Saskatoon to site, accommodation and meals at site provided. Excellent camp facilities, amenities and activities offered.
If you possess the stated skillset please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references and expected salary.