Job Opening: Lake Charles LA – Era Helicopters – Director of Safety and Quality Assurance – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation Skills
Here’s information from Era Helicopters …
Era Helicopters, one of the world’s leading helicopter operators, is now hiring a
Director of Safety & Quality Assurance for our Headquarters in Lake Charles, LA.
• The DOSQ will ensure that the necessary safety program elements have been developed, properly integrated, and coordinated throughout the company. These elements include but are not limited to the following:
♣ A safety incident/accident reporting system
♣ Accident/incident investigation
♣ Evaluates employee training
♣ Internal evaluation program
♣ Routine monitoring programs
♣ Review of external evaluation programs
♣ Safety Review Council Member
• The DOSQ reports directly to the Company President and oversees the Safety Management System (SMS), the Company Flight Safety, Industrial Safety, Employee Health, Environmental Management System and Environmental Compliance Programs;
• Advise managers and supervisors on training requirements for workplace safety and quality;
• Provide information on applicable laws, regulations, company safety rules and policies;
• Advise management on all matters pertaining to safety and quality in the workplace;
• Advise management on training requirements for supervisors and employees in general safe work practices and hazards specific to each employee’s job assignment;
• Regularly audits the company for unsafe conditions and practices;
• Investigate all serious or potentially life threatening Safety Reports;
• Investigate all serious incidents or any incidents deemed necessary;
• Investigate all aircraft accidents;
• Maintain a file of all previous incidents and all current open and closed Safety Reports for a period of five (5) years;
• Advise management on how to correct any unsafe work condition promptly;
• Monitor the education and training of all flight crews, maintenance personnel, and ground support personnel.
• Must have a Bachelor degree in Aviation Management, Safety Management and/or related field;
• Experienced Pilot preferred but not required;
• Prior experience in aircraft accident prevention and investigation, and must have knowledge of FAA safety policies;
• Previous experience participating, conducting, documenting and responding to customer audits, concerns, and recommendations;
• Prior experience in managing aviation accident/mishap prevention programs;
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements and required training;
• Previous Part 135 experience required;
• Seven years of experience dealing directly with aviation matters;
• Three years prior experience in a supervisory position;
• Proficient with MS office software;
• Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills required;
• Must be able to work effectively independently and as a team with a large and varied workload.
Era offers a competitive salary package and a full comprehensive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401k plan; generous medical and dental plan and company provided short and long term disability plan. Relocation assistance will be provided to relocate to Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Qualified applicants please visit www.erahelicopters.com to submit an online application.
For additional information, contact Beau Brown at 337.656.4825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply online, use this link: