Job Opening: Portland, Oregon – Vestas – Engineer, Mechanical Systems – Needs Root Cause Analysis Skills
From the posting:
– Completes continuous improvement projects to analyze and resolve field failures of mechanical systems/components for wind turbine generators. Includes root cause analysis, development of immediate corrective actions, design of permanent solution and implementation.
– Respond to technical inquiries from service personnel, project managers, and outside customers.
– Provides required engineering support during and after the installation of wind turbines.
– Conducts studies to assess failure modes and effects and develop time to failure models.
– Prepares and maintains necessary drawings, specifications, and documents for project installations, and continuous improvement projects.
– Coordinates/participates with Vestas Research & Development in Denmark as required for ongoing product development and reliability projects.
– Utilizes mechanical engineering expertise and knowledge of wind turbine systems to provide technical support of sales.
– Provides ongoing technical support for in-service wind turbines as needed.
– Solid field and manufacturing troubleshooting skills.
For the complete posting, see: