Job Opening: Saudi Arabia – Aramco – Exploration and Production Gas Technical/Field Safety Specialist – Needs TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Skills/Experience
Saudi Aramco, the largest producer of oil and gas in the world, has an opening at the senior level for an Oil and Gas Technical/Field Safety Specialist in their Exploration and Producing Business Line.
The following skills and experience are required:
• University/College degree in occupational safety or related engineering disciplines (Masters degree a plus)
• Ten to 15 years of progressive experience in safety and health in upstream oil and gas
• Knowledge of Safety Management Systems and their implementation, sustainability and measurement including OHSAS 18001 or similar systems
• Experience in risk assessment and risk management including qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methodologies
• Technical safety expertise in the classic OSHA subjects such as confined space, control of hazardous energy, toxic materials, etc.
• Practical knowledge and application of root cause investigation and analysis methodologies (TapRooT preferred)
• Ability to work with all levels of employees and management from operational apprentices to Vice Presidents
• Working knowledge of behavior-based safety and its integration into safety and operations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Certification as a CSP or equivalent is strongly preferred, but not required.
The E&P Business Line has committed significant resources to bring trailing indicators into line with industry leaders and offers excellent salary and benefits packages, including 100% 401K match up to 9% of salary, company paid retirement, company paid repatriation leave annually (paid in cash), expat bonus, low cost, on-site housing which includes utilities, dependent educational benefits, and tax exemptions on income as allowed by the IRS.
Aramco is an excellent place for families as our primary school systems rival the best in the world. The positions are based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia on the east coast near the city of Al Khobar and less than a one hour drive from Bahrain, Ras Tanura, about an hour north of Dhahran, and Udailiyah, about three hours south of Dhahran.
For exciting work in a place where you can make a difference, contact us.
Larry Perkinson CSP, ARM
E&P HSE Team
Saudi Aramco, Room 3096 North Admin Bldg
Dhahran, 31311 Saudi Arabia
+966 3 873-2373 (fax)