Job Opening: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – Research In Motion – Problem Specialist – Needs Root Cause Analysis Skills
Problem Specialist 904174 – Research In Motion
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
**please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
BlackBerry Problem Management is key in the identification and resolution of issues to maintain the high availability of the mission critical BlackBerry Service. The Problem Specialist will play a key role in leading critical event investigations that occur on the BlackBerry Infrastructure.. The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with team members and support teams with the intention of identifying root cause and preventative actions to ensure that BlackBerry Operations achieves 99.999% uptime for the BlackBerry Service. The successful candidate will have to be innovative and attuned to dealing with operational critical events.
- Investigate Problems through to resolution.
- Manage Problem Reviews involving teams from various disciplines to drive the investigation of technical issues.
- Generate in-depth Root Cause Analysis reports in relation to critical network events, which include investigation, writing and approval of the report.
- Problem Action handling to ensure actions are identified, assigned, tracked, followed up on and closed.
- Provide and review brief summaries of Problem Investigations to the executive level of RIM.
- Maintain Problem Management documentation and investigation findings associated with this role.
- Working as a Strategy Owner; collaborate with colleagues, team leadership and BlackBerry Support teams to enhance the business delivery of Problem Management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of IT operational experience in an medium to large sized corporation and/or high availability environment with experience in managing the resolution of business critical and time sensitive events.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience using negotiation, influencing, and facilitation skills in a business or IT environment.
- The ability to translate complex technical scenario details into a plan of action to drive resolution.
- Experience within the Incident/Problem management support roles
- A track record of initiative, leadership and self-direction; identify a problem, propose a solution, and make it happen
- Experience within an ISP, telecoms or wireless environment is desirable
- Worked in any of the following areas:
- Network Operations Centre
- Data Centre as a technical resource
- Worked in a complex networking environment
- Worked in a business critical and/or mission critical environment.
- Educated to Degree level/Diploma level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM particular problem management.
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2009 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, “Always On, Always Connected” and the “envelope in motion” symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.
Research In Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.