Job Posting: GE Looking for a Sourcing Quality Engineer – Heat Recovery Steam Generator – Must Have Root Cause Analysis Skills
Opportunity is in Al Madina Al Munawarah, Saudi Arabia.
* Drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements at GE Suppliers.
* Provide technical guidance to suppliers of HRSGs, HRSG associated equipment (SCR, Duct Burner, ), Condensers, Stacks, Stack Dampers to assure product / process compliance with design code, standards, and engineering specifications.
* Lead supplier qualification and surveillance activities for all the above components.
* Drive continuous improvement of supplier’s quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma.
* Monitor supplier performance and identify and drive process improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
* Review customer requirements, review / approve supplier quality documentation. Establish and maintain metric databases.
* Analyze supplier performance during erection, commissioning and service.
* Provide continuous support for Project Management teams and Site teams, including customer meetings & erection support.
* Establish programs to monitor and improve supplier process capabilities for CTQ’s.
* Work closely with other SQE’s in Sourcing and with Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may effect quality and delivery requirements.
* Provide support for the overall IGCC / HRSG SQE team.
* Work closely with Engineering and Sourcing to identify and develop new HRSG Prime Suppliers.
BS Technical Degree (Welding, Metallurgical, Mechanical preferred).
* Significant Welding, Fabrication (HRSG, Boilers, Pressure Vessels, Piping, Structural Steel), NDE, ASME / ASTM / PED / AWS knowledge and experience.
* Strong background in interpretation of ASME Code, Engineering drawings / specifications, and manufacturing process planning / evaluation.
* Familiar with Process Control tools related to fabrication.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Very good presentation skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to travel extensively.
* Ability to work in cross functional team environment.
* You must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
* You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
* HRSG / Boiler knowledge.
* Experience with Supplier Management.
* Related Power Generation manufacturing experience.
* BB or MBB certified (GE employees only).
* Advanced Degree.
For more info see: