Blue Ridge Paper Products Inc.
Notice of Interest
Title: Safety & Health Manager
Reports to: Derric Brown, Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Specific Job Activities:
• Ensure all employees are provided knowledge of mill safety policies, procedures and regulations.
• Work with all departments to achieve continuous improvement in employee safety and health objectives.
• Conduct statistical and trends analysis of safety performance at the mill and departmental level.
• Manage DSRs to support the mill’s improvement efforts.
• Develop systems to improve the accident investigation process.
• Participate in JSA development process.
• Represent the company with regulatory agencies including the NCDOL-OSHA, EPA, Emergency Management, and others. EHS on-call and other duties as necessary.
• Lead mill ergonomics effort through procedures maintenance, assessments, data analysis and follow up. Ensure ergonomic concerns are identified and addressed in the JSA process.
• Develop and manage the Mill Industrial Hygiene program to include a written plan, data collection and analysis, and records management.
• Conduct annual standard administrative procedures review and updates. Maintain an updated and effective employee safety handbook.
• Continue to increase safety awareness and regulatory compliance and participate in compliance audits.
• Bachelor Degree in EHS field or equivalent experience or a combination of experience and relevant education
• Five to seven years of industrial safety experience
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills
• Able to work in a team environment
• High level of computer skills
• High degree of customer focused service orientation
• Ability to work within a joint union-management collaborative environment
• Ergonomic, Safety and Industrial Hygiene training (CSP and CIH Preferred)
• Supervisory experience (7 to 10 years Pulp and Paper Mill Preferred)
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume to Debbi Hall, Fax (828) 646-6732, email email@example.com., or mail to her at Blue Ridge Paper Products Inc., 175 Main Street, PO Box 4000, Canton, North Carolina 28716.