April 17, 2006 | Mark Paradies

Monday Accident & Lessons Learned – Surprise at the Gas Pump

Gas Station Fire Due To Static Electricity (click on picture to play video)

Last year in the e-Newsletter we discussed cell phones starting gas tank fires. The web site below says they have NEVER seen a fire caused by a cell phone. But when I saw this video, I just had to pass it along. Why? Because you don’t want this to happen to you or anyone you know.

Watch the scary video above and then visit this web site:

http://www.pei.org/static/index.htm

The info from this web site and the video above should make an excellent on-the-job or off-the-job refueling safety presentation.

LESSON LEARNED

1) Don’t get back in the car while refueling and

2) Ground yourself by touching metal on the car away from the nozzle before you grab the nozzle.

And pass this information on to everyone you know!

Categories
Show Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Check out our videos
Join us on LinkedIn