Our One-Day TapRooT® Refresher Course
Keeping your teams’ TapRooT® skills fresh and sharp is critical to successful investigations — a great solution is our One-Day TapRooT® Refresher Course.
Speaking of the One-Day TapRooT® Refresher Course, refresher training is an important tool in maintaining your investigators’ proficiency. We recommend adding the One-Day Refresher Course to your TapRooT® Roadmap to continuously improve and mature your TapRooT® RCA program.
This course is for previously trained TapRooT® Users and executive leaders who want a better understanding of TapRooT® RCA and the current state of the program. The first half of the One-Day TapRooT® Refresher course is designed to refresh your TapRooT® skills in each phase of the investigation. The instructor will share best practices and additional knowledge that will help improve your current skills and mature your organization’s TapRooT® RCA program.
During the second half of the course, everyone will grade and evaluate TapRooT® Investigations that your team has previously performed. Attendees should bring a prior TapRooT® Investigation to the course. Using the knowledge gained during the first half of the course and the TapRooT® Investigation Grading Tool, teams will objectively grade those investigations using objective data. After the course, your team should use the findings to identify strategies to reinforce what was done well and to address the areas that need improvement. That is a very important deliverable from this course.
When you purchase the on-site One-Day Refresher Course, each attendee will get the most recent:
1) TapRooT® Essentials Book
2) Laminated TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®
3) TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Dictionary
4) Corrective Action Helper® Guide
5) Course Workbook
The One-Day TapRooT® Refresher Course Agenda:
• Class Introductions and TapRooT® Overview
• SnapCharT® Overview and Best Practices
• The Identification of Causal Factors and Finalizing the SnapChart®
• RCA Best Practices using the Root Cause Tree® and Dictionary
• SMARTER Corrective Actions and the Corrective Action Hierarchy
• Investigation Grading and Feedback
Please reach out to us or call us at 865.539.2139 if you are interested in learning more about the course or scheduling an on-site course for your team.
Why is TapRooT® Training the top RCA training?
TapRooT® RCA has been designed for investigating seemingly simple problems that could have been worse (precursor incidents) by using a simple 5-step process. TapRooT® RCA can also be used to investigate major accidents by using the complete 7-step process.
- The 2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course teaches the essential techniques for investigating precursor incidents and fixing them to prevent major accidents.
- The Equifactor® Training Course also teaches how to use the TapRooT® techniques and Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables to stop equipment problems.
- The 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training teaches the complete 7-step TapRooT® process and techniques to investigate major accidents, serious environmental releases, fatalities, major plant upsets, and serious injuries, as well as simple incidents.