Practice, Feedback, & Improve (Develop Skills)
With any new skill that you learn, you need practice to implant the skill into long term memory. To get better at the skill, you need more practice and feedback (coaching).
The same is true of the skills you learn in a TapRooT® Course. You need to practice your new investigation and root cause analysis skills and get feedback (coaching) on ways to improve what you are doing.
Who will provide you with that feedback? Here are some ideas:
- Set up a peer review group. The members of this group should attend the 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training and have experience doing investigations.
- Have a senior manager become an expert in root cause analysis and provide feedback on investigations when performing senior manager reviews.
- Have experts from System Improvements review your incident investigations as they progress, CONTACT US to find out how to get these reviews scheduled.
If you have only attended the 2-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course, consider attending the 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Course. You will get more practice with the essential TapRooT® Techniques and learn the advanced techniques including:
- Cognitive interviewing techniques
- Critical Human Action Profile (CHAP)
- Change Analysis
- Proactive use of Safeguard Analysis
- Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting
Plus you will discuss human error and ways to improve human performance.
Here is a link to the upcoming public 5-Day TapRooT® Training schedule for courses held around the world:
For anyone interested in advanced root cause analysis training, CLICK HERE for more information.