Exclusive Advanced Root Cause Analysis Courses
Each year before the Summit we hold exclusive 2-day courses! Most of these are offered only once a year and each is specifically designed to enhance your root cause expertise in two days flat. Sign up for a course and the Summit and receive a discount on your registration. This is the second of three weeks that highlight our eleven Pre-Summit courses, four of which are NEW! These courses will be held February 27 and 28, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, right before the Global TapRooT® Summit.
NEW! Fatigue Risk Management Training
Effective Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) drives down the cost and risk of employee fatigue in your operation. CIRCADIAN Technologies teach you to:
• Design and implement a cost-effective Fatigue Risk Management System,
• Assess the risks and costs of fatigue in
• Train employees and supervisors to mitigate fatigue risk, and
• Improve employee health, safety, and
quality of life.
FRMS is the international standard for limiting risk in shift work and 24/7 operations. Learn to integrate FRMS into your operations and super- charge your company’s safety.
Getting the Most from Your TapRooT® Software
To get the most from your TapRooT® Enterprise Software you need an administrator who can:
• Install the software for best performance,
• Set-up custom fields and lists,
• Link the software to other databases,
• Answer users’ common questions, and
• Explain the basics of using the software.
Dan Verlinde, Director of Information Technology and Software Development for SI, and Matt Irving, Software Development Project Manager, will teach an intensive review of the TapRooT® Version 5 Web Software system administration. System Administrators and TapRooT® Super Users will learn all the capabilities integrated into this software.
Stopping Human Error
To reduce Human Error many use ‘STAR’ and ‘stay out of the Line of Fire’, but these methods alone are limited. Why?
• Try as you may, you can’t see, hear, feel, or smell what you’re incapable of sensing.
• Recognizing something based on experience doesn’t ensure it’s the same situation today.
• If you assess a situation incorrectly, each decision afterwards may be incorrect.
• If you are not mentally or physically fit for duty today, you may not realize it until it’s too late.
Learn to integrate the five senses, along with behavior change and management systems, into your investigation. Empower your company to drastically stop human error.
Advanced TapRooT® Techniques
Get acquainted with the new TapRooT® Book (revised in 2008), and learn best practices from the seven step process. The course emphasizes developing causal factors that accurately define the problems that cause incidents. Participate in several case studies with real-world examples of major accidents to practice the techniques you will take away. Don’t forget to bring one of your completed investigations for an analysis exercise.
Don’t forget to come back next week to learn about more of our once-a-year Pre-Summit courses! Take a look at our Summit page for more information on the Pre-Summit Courses, Summit, and how to register.
Editor’s’ Note: If you missed the first column about our exclusive courses, you can view it here.