Protection Against Hydrogen Sulfide
On January 16, 2017, a private construction company sent four utility works to handle complaints about sewage backup in Key Largo, Florida. Three of the four works descended into the the 15-foot-deep drainage hole, and within seconds all voice communication was lost amongst the construction workers.
The Key Largo Fire Department was the first to respond to the scene. Leonardo Moreno, a volunteer firefighter, tried to enter the hole with his air tank but failed. So, he descended without his air tank and lost consciousness within seconds of entering the drainage hole. Eventually, another firefighter was able to enter the hole with an air tank and pull Moreno out. Unfortunately, the other three construction workers weren’t so lucky. All of them died from hydrogen sulfide poisoning, and Moreno was in critical condition.
Unfortunate events like this are completely avoidable. Comment below how this could have been avoided/prevented by using TapRooT® proactively.
To learn more about this tragic incident click here.