Public Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & TapRooT® RCA Course Coming Up … June 14-15 … Live, In-Person OR Virtual … Register NOW!
Virtual or In-Person Public 2-Day Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course
Ken Reed, Equifactor® expert, and Mark Olson, asset reliability expert, will be teaching the first hybrid Equifactor® Course on June 14-15.
What is a hybrid course? It is a live course that is also streamed and taught virtually.
We have the virtual teaching process down. Ken has taught many virtual TapRooT® RCA Courses. But this will be the first virtual Equifactor® Course that is also being taught in a live and a virtual format (as we are planning to do for the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit).
Equifactor® Course Contents
Do you need to efficiently and effectively find the root causes of equipment failures to improve your facility’s equipment reliability? Imagine the downtime prevented and money saved NOT having repeat equipment failures. If this sounds interesting (and worthwhile), then this completely revised course is for you.
The Equifactor® Techniques are based on the work of noted equipment reliability expert Heinz Bloch.
In two days, you will learn how to use Equifactor® to troubleshoot equipment issues and find out what is leading to failures. Then you will learn to use the TapRooT® RCA System to organize the information you collect, identify the Causal Factors of the failure, and find the fixable root causes of the failure. Finally, you will learn to develop effective fixes to stop future equipment failures.
The tools you will learn include:
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables – a systematic guide to troubleshooting common equipment problems.
- SnapCharT® Diagram – visualize and organize the information you collect to make what happened understandable.
- Root Cause Tree® Diagram and Dictionary – find the real, fixable root causes of human performance and equipment issues.
- Corrective Action Helper® Module – provides suggested corrective actions to help you develop effective fixes.
- Safeguard Analysis – helps define Causal Factors and develop effective corrective actions.
- Change Analysis – collect and understand information about problems caused by changes or differences in system, equipment, or people.
The tools can be used by maintenance personnel, equipment reliability specialists, maintenance managers, or investigators who don’t have an extensive understanding of equipment engineering.
In addition, the Equifactor® Techniques can be used to develop proactive equipment performance improvement initiatives and equipment troubleshooting procedures.
Day One (9:00 am to 5:00 pm with a 1-hour lunch)
- Understanding What Happened – SnapCharT® Basics
- SnapCharT® Exercise
- Collecting Information
- Failure Modes and Failure Agents
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables
- Human Errors
- Process Troubleshooting
- Example: Troubleshooting a Seawater Pump
Day Two (9:00 am to 5:00 pm with a 1-hour lunch)
- TapRooT®/Equifactor® Software Introduction
- Identifying Causal Factors
- Introduction to the Root Cause Tree®
- Exercise: Walking Through the Root Cause Tree®
- Exercise: Teams Find Root Causes Using the Root Cause Tree®
- Change Analysis
- Change Analysis Exercise
- Final Exercise: Solving a Major Equipment Issue
Virtual Learning Environment
The virtual course uses an online teaching platform. Each student must have their own computer, with a webcam on during the class, allowing them to see the instructor, be seen by the instructor, and interact with the class. There will be continuous opportunities for participation, with plenty of breaks to keep everyone engaged. Team exercises will be completed throughout the course and will utilize cloud-based TapRooT® Software.
Virtual Course Materials
These materials will be shipped by mail when payment is received for the course and will arrive before the course if the participant registers early enough.
- TapRooT® Equifactor® Book
- Laminated TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®
- TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Dictionary
- Corrective Action Helper® Guide
- 2-Day Equifactor® Course Workbook
More Equifactor® Information in Two Videos
Equifactor® user talks at the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit about developing a custom troubleshooting tables for addition to the Equifactor® Module of the TapRooT® Software…
And in the next video, Ken Reed talks with Benna Hughes about stopping equipment repeat failures by applying Equifactor® Troubleshooting and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis…
Register for the Equifactor® Course in June
You can register to attend the live, in-person course, or the virtual course. Both are being held on June 14-15. The live, in-person course will be held in Knoxville, TN. What does the course cost? Only $1425 for either the in-person or the virtual course. Register by clicking on the button below.
Register for the Equifactor® Course and the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit and SAVE!
Here is more good news. If you want to sign up for the Equifactor® Training on June 14-15 AND the 2021 Global TapRooT® Summit on June 16-18, you can Save $200 off the combined price. That’s just $2320 for two days of training and the three days of the Summit.
To register for both the course and the Summit, and get the discount, click on the button below…