Put a Freeze on Winter Holiday Fires
It’s fun to decorate for winter holidays. But, it’s critical that you proactively ensure that your holiday decorations don’t pose risks for home fires? As you deck the halls this season, be fire smart.
Follow up on these tips to prevent holiday fires from FEMA by following through on the suggested actions. You’ll mitigate the risks and enjoy the season more with peace of mind that your surroundings are safe.
The top three days of the year for home candle fires are Christmas, New Year’s Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- Only use decorations that are flame-retardant or not flammable.
- Check holiday lights each year for frayed wires or excessive wear.
- Don’t link more than three strands of holiday lights.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Consider using battery-operated flameless candles.
- Keep your live Christmas tree away from heat sources and room exits.
- Water your live Christmas tree daily to keep it from becoming dry.
Keep friends and family safe by sharing these tips. You may be saving the lives of those you love.
Circumstances can crop up anywhere at any time if proper and safe sequence and procedures are not planned and followed. We encourage you to learn and use the TapRooT® System to find and fix problems.
TapRooT® has a team of investigators and instructors with years of extensive training ready to offer assistance worldwide. We also offer ongoing support to our clients through free newsletters and root cause tip videos, the root cause analysis blog, and our annual Global TapRooT® Summit.
Register for one of our TapRooT® courses. We offer a basic 2-day course and an advanced 5-day course. Contact us or call 865.539.2139 about having a course at your site or for further root cause analysis opportunities. We’re here to find solutions for you.