Drastically reduce the likelihood of work-related accidents with this VIRTUAL Risk Management Course
Risk Management & Opportunity Based Thinking
We’re excited to announce that risk management expert, and long-time TapRooT® Instructor, Jim Whiting, will teach “Risk Management Best Practices and Opportunity Based Thinking” virtually on October 25-26, 2022. [NOTE: This course will be held in the AEST Time Zone.] The course is designed to help you improve your risk assessment process.
Why should you take this risk management course?
Whether a beginner or advanced, you can conduct better risk assessments by increasing your knowledge using proven, effective risk management processes and tools! Suppose you have responsibilities for providing leadership, advisory, consultative, training, auditing, incident review, root cause analysis, or continuous improvement in health and safety, environmental, or quality. In that case, this course is for you.
This course is compatible with your existing risk management tools or practices and will enable you to gain practical skills and knowledge in proven risk and opportunity methods and tools. The techniques in this course enrich your current processes and work for companies of every size and across all industries. This course is a live, virtual participative learning experience with interactive engagement through discussion, group & individual exercises & quizzes.
Risk & Opportunity Based Thinking (ROBT) & Risk & Opportunity Assessments (R&OA) are strongly promoted by the latest versions of ISO 31000 / ISO 45001 / ANSI Z10 / ISO 14001 / ISO 9001 / ANSI Z590.3 as definitely needed in every R&O-informed decision-making process.
About the Instructor
As an internationally-renowned risk engineer and HSE expert, Jim Whiting has 40+ years
of experience in engineering and science applications to Risk Management, Health Safety & Environment, Incident / Accident Investigation, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Advises medium to large organizations in incident investigations, risk reviews, risk profiling, corporate RM policies, systems, and manuals
- Trains workers and managers in Australia & New Zealand, USA, Canada, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, and India.
- Studies extensively and presents papers on Incident Causation and Risk Management at conferences in the UK, Europe, South East Asia, and North America
- Holds a distinguished academic career in applied research of scientific and engineering applications in medicine, clinical & OHS&E safety, and risk management
- A contributory committee member that wrote the first international risk management standard ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management – Guidelines. It is now the USA Standard – ANSI/ASSP/ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management – Guidelines and CAN/CSA/ISO 31000
- An expert witness in over 300 legal inquiries, including investigations of major accidents for companies and government agencies
- Served as Senior Lecturer Medical Physics and Bioengineering, Queensland University of Technology for 18 years
- Honorary Life Member of the Risk Engineering Society of Australia, Asia Pacific Occupational Safety and Health Organisation (APOSHO), and former National CEO of the National Safety Council of Australia (NSCA)
Jim knows much more than what’s in the risk management standard – don’t miss a chance to learn from a leading expert.
Course Guarantee for 2-Day Risk Management Best Practices & Opportunity Based Thinking
Attend this virtual course, return to work, and apply the advanced risk management techniques you have learned. If you cannot prove that your performance is improving using the techniques learned in this course, simply return your course materials, and we will refund the entire course fee.