Road Trip: Find Yourself in Knoxville
You’re never quite the same after a memorable road trip. Curiosity can seize you on a trip, yes, even on a business trip. The 2018 Global TapRooT® Summit is in Knoxville, Tennessee. You have some free time to wander. Time to check out the life and lifestyles. Make new contacts or new friends. Put on a foodie hat and eat like a boss. Pick up souvenirs.
Here, in Knoxville, we invite you to open yourself up to a city that brims with sporting events and nightlife, artists and art, live music and concerts, Broadway performances. Take advantage of our region’s breathtaking scenic drives and take a hike to immerse yourself in spectacular natural beauty. Experience an embarrassment of foodie havens, some mighty fine shopping, and the warmest Southern hospitality around. Save time to sample our downtown winery and distilleries, and hop on a Knox Brew Tour.
Here’s a smattering of suggestions for exploring and good times.
1. Knoxville Visitors Center, 301 S. Gay St., Knoxville, TN 37902: This building dates to 1925 and besides information about our fair city, you’ll find award-winning WDVX and its famous Blue Plate Special.
2. Market Square
3. Krutch Park (adjacent to Market Square)
4. East Tennessee Historical Society
5. Old City
6. Blue Slip Winery
7. Knox Whiskey Works
8. PostModern Distilling
9. Boyd’s Jig & Reel
10. Knoxville Museum of Art
11. World’s Fair Park
12. Volunteer Landing Park
13. Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame
14. First Friday Knoxville
The University of Tennessee
Other fun attractions
17. Zoo Knoxville
18. Knoxville Botanical Garden
19. Great Smoky Mountains National Park
20. Cades Cove
21. Maple Hall Bowling
22. World’s Fair Park Sunsphere
23. Ijams Nature Center
24. Navitat Canopy Experience
25. The Muse
26. Cruze Farm Ice Cream
27. Pete’s Coffee Shop
28. Mast General Store
Here’s where to park, sorted by location.