Setting up a SnapCharT® Template in v5
Many users have asked us, “How can I create a template SnapCharT® for use each time I do an investigation?”. Well you can do that in v5 and it is very easy to do. Follow the steps listed below for creating, then using that template.
To create a SnapCharT® that can be re-used anytime as a “Template”:
Create the base Chart:
- Choose the Tools->New->SnapCharT® menu item. This will open up the flowchart editor.
- Add Shapes to the Chart: Most folks simply want a number of shapes already on the base SnapCharT® so that they simply begin adding information into the shapes. In the upper left of the editor there is a Create Chart section, select the shape type you want to add to the SnapCharT®.
- Double-click on the chart window to add that shape.
- Repeat these steps for each shape type (Events, Conditions, Incidents) to add as many shapes as you wish to have in your base chart.
Saving the SnapCharT® as a re-usable file or Template: Use the Unassociated Document function
- Select SAVE in the lower left corner of the editor.
- Provide a title for the chart (i.e. Template), this is required.
- Select the SAVE button.
- When asked “Do you wish to associate this SnapCharT® to an Audit/Investigation?”, select NO. Now the chart can be found on the User Landing Page, under Unassociated Documents, in the SnapCharT® folder. The chart is not associated with an investigation but is an individual document.
Location of the Template Chart
- Open the application and on the User Landing Page find the Unassociated Document Folder.
- Open the Unassociated Documents Folder.
- Open the SnapCharT® sub-folder, there will be the Template create.
Using the Template
- Create and save your Investigation or Audit.
- Use Activities->Home to return to your User Landing Page.
- Find the Template as listed above, highlight the file and select the OPEN button.
- Select the SAVE AS button in the lower left of the SnapCharT Editor.
- Provide a Title and Season and select save.
- When prompted to “Associate” the document select YES.
- Highlight the appropriate Investigation/Audit from the list provided and select DONE, now you are working on that new chart in the proper investigation or audit using the Template!
Ready to learn more? The 5-day course includes TapRooT® software, essential TapRooT® techniques and advanced techniques. Visit our course page.