Sharpen Your Investigation Skills: Your Root Cause Analysis Is Only as Good as the Information You Collect
TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills
There is so much to remember during evidence collection … and so much to lose if you are not prepared.
- Ever have trouble completing a sequence of events on a SnapCharT® because you lacked pieces of information?
- How can you remember what to collect?
- What is an effective structure for conducting an investigation interview?
- How do you help witnesses to an incident remember important facts with better accuracy during an investigative interview?
- What is the best way to handle the challenges of preservation and contamination of evidence?
Barb Carr will teach you the skills you need to gather the evidence that leads to a complete SnapCharT® and a great root cause analysis (using TapRooT®, of course).
Module 1: Class Introductions and Investigation Skills Inventory
Module 2: Preplanning for Evidence Collection
- Write an Investigation Policy (a sample is provided)
- Consult Legal Counsel
- Prepare Investigation Kits
- Prepare Investigation Forms (samples are provided)
Module 3: Evidence Collection and the TapRooT® Process
- Where does evidence collection fit into the TapRooT® process?
- SnapCharT® – the central repository for evidence collection
Module 4: Scene Management
- Scene Management Priorities
- Collect Fragile Evidence
- Evidence Packing Guidelines
Module 5: Initial Site Visit
- Where to Begin
- What to Look for
- Sketches, Photography, Videotaping
- Document Equipment
- Collect PPE
- Collect Paper
Module 6: Use TapRooT® Tools to Collect Better Evidence
- Human Performance Troubleshooting Guide
- Collect Evidence with the Root Cause Tree® & Dictionary as guides
- Questions to ask during a walk-through
- Critical Human Action Profile (Task analysis)
Module 7: Effective Interviewing for Incident Investigation
- Memory and Observation
- The TapRooT® 12-Step Interviewing Process
- DeCoding NonVerbal Behavior
You will also receive the book, TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills, a $69.95 value when you attend this course.
When and Where is the Course?
The course is being held on March 9-10, just before the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit (being held on March 11-13).
The course is being held near Austin, TX, at the Horseshoe Bay Resort (one of our favorite Summit locations).
How to Register
CLICK HERE to register for the TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills Course and the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit.
CLICK HERE to register for just the TapRooT® Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills Course (March 9 – 10, 2020).
Don’t Miss Barb’s Course
Seats in this course are limited. Register today!