Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist Needed
We recently received this posting for a career opportunity at Exelon. To apply, please go to the link at the end of the post. Thank you!
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you. Exelon is developing sustainable energy to provide for the communities of today and planning for a brighter tomorrow. Exelon knows the future of energy is you! We are currently searching for a Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist for ComEd at our offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist supports Delivery’s efforts to build a self-critical working environment that has the ability to identify and correct human errors caused by inappropriate decision making, human behavior, leadership practices or organizational weaknesses that reduce safety and/or operational performance. This is achieved through mentoring investigators and operations leadership in the use of systematic problem-solving and investigative techniques; development and implementation of key human performance and investigation processes, facilitating the performance assessment process to ensure timely and effective completion of investigations and corrective actions to prevent recurrence; and analysis of reports and data to identify emerging human performance issues and prevent incidents through trending and pro-active management attention and actions. Results are used to ensure that organizational learnings are incorporated into training, methods, and procedures to create an environment that supports constantly improving performance. The Sr. Performance Assessment Specialist also serves as team lead / facilitator for corporate initiatives and provides mentoring and support of Change Management chartered implementations.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy Delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Mentors and directs diverse teams of investigators and subject matter experts in performing Root Cause Investigations (RCI) of significant incidents. Participates in selected investigations. 25%
· Trains and mentors personnel at various levels across the organization in conducting Apparent Cause Evaluation (ACE) investigations (lower level significance) of incidents. 20%
· Collects and analyzes company-wide performance data derived from investigations and other sources and provide conclusions and recommendations to the Vice Presidents, Directors, and managers. Interfaces with Senior Management to provide recommendations for improvement in solving human performance issues and for improvement of Human Performance and Performance Assessment processes. 20%
· Provides mentoring and quality oversight of Human Performance improvement initiatives, assisting in plan development and implementation. Provides coaching and mentoring of VPs, Directors and Managers in the use of the Change Management Model for sponsoring and implementing significant process or program changes. 20%
· Owns and manages the Performance Assessment process, to include: Incident Investigations, PassPort Action Tracking process for investigation and corrective action tracking and reporting, trend analysis and reporting, performance indicators, investigation training and qualification, data management and quality control, and organizational authority. 10%
· Assure timely response to emergencies and provide 24 hour/day coverage for emergency response support. 5%
· Technical background includes a 4-year technical degree with 5-8 years industrial experience or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 9-12 years relevant business experience is required.
· Supervisory experience is preferred, including second line supervision level, project management, team direction, peer challenging, and senior leadership interface.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must, as is an ability to rapidly organize and analyze complex and diverse situations and large amounts of data.
· Special Training or Technical Skill required include basic knowledge of transmission, distribution and industrial systems and equipment. Proficient computer skills to include all MS Office Applications and PassPort Action Tracking.
· Experience and training in Root Cause Analysis preferred. Proven analytical/problem solving experience required
· Working conditions require frequent travel to various Delivery locations and a mobile work environment.
Exelon Corporation is one of the nation’s largest electric utilities, with more than $32 billion in annual revenues. The company has one of the industry’s largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Exelon distributes electricity to approximately 6.6 million customers in northern Illinois, central Maryland and southeastern Pennsylvania and natural gas to more than 1.1 million customers in the Baltimore and Philadelphia areas. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago and trades on the NYSE under the ticker EXC.
We know that before we can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and deliver electric and gas service safely to millions of families and businesses, we need to recognize that each of our employees plays an integral part in the process. Join Exelon and you can share your ideas at a forward-thinking company and the next big idea could be yours. You’ve just found Exelon, a place where you can truly shine.
ComEd and its nearly 6,000 employees are responsible for maintaining more than 78,000 miles of power lines that make up the electric transmission and distribution system in Northern Illinois. ComEd, headquartered in Chicago, serves approximately 70 percent of Illinois’ population – about 9 million people – in a service territory that spans 11,400 square miles. Locations in Northern Illinois including Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
To apply to the position please go to
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.