Don’t Miss the Stopping Human Error Course, Oct 4-5
Knoxville, TN – Stopping Human Error Course – Oct 4-5
Just Two Weeks Away!
What do you need to know to stop human errors and achieve outstanding human performance?
You need a plan. A plan that:
- Includes human performance best practices from around the world.
- Avoids some common human performance tricks that are counterproductive.
- Is customized for your company.
- You, people in the field, and your management can support.
- Will make sense to people in the field.
But where can you learn about the foundations of human performance improvement and the techniques you should apply to make a custom plan to stop human errors? That’s EASY!
If you are interested in improving human performance, you need to attend the Stopping Human Error Course being held in Knoxville, TN, on October 4-5.
What’s Covered in the Stopping Human Error Course?
Here’s the course outline…
Day 1 (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Foundations of Improving Human Performance
- Human Performance – What Should You Expect?
- Three Human Reliability Best Practices
- Mistake Proofing
- Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Reactive Problem Analysis
- Human Performance Improvement Technology (Catch Your Own Mistakes)
- Questioning Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Time Out
- Error Traps & Precursors
- Validate Assumptions
- Work Direction/Finding Error Likely Situations
- Pre-Job Hazard Analysis
- Pre-Job Brief
- Personal Safety Assessment
- Post-Job Brief
- Systematic Approach to Training
- Using Procedures to Improve Human Performance
- Procedures Best Practices
- Procedure Use and Adherence
- Place Keeping
Day 2 (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- 3-Way Communication
- Do Not Disturb Sign
- Management System
- Conservative Decision Making
- Stopping Normalization of Deviation
- Quality Control
- Independent Verification
- Concurrent Verification
- Human Factors Engineering
- Best Practices (Spot Bad Practices)
- Proactive Use of CHAP
- Hazard/Target Elimination or Substitution
- Improvement Exercise
- What Should You Improve/Which Tools Will Work Best for You?
- Sample Plan
- Present Your Plan (Benchmarking/Feedback)
You will leave this course with a clear understanding of methods to improve human performance and a custom plan to apply these methods at your company to achieve great gains in safety, quality, or operational and maintenance performance (all of which depend on human performance).
Who is Teaching the Stopping Human Error Course?
Mark Paradies and Alex Paradies.
Mark Paradies is a Certified Professional Ergonomist (Human Factors Professional) with a Master’s Degree in Nuclear Engineering with an emphasis on Human Factors. He has experience in developing human performance improvement programs, process safety, nuclear safety, and operating high-reliability teams in Admiral Rickover’s Nuclear Navy. His extensive experience in root cause analysis includes being one of the co-developers of the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System.
Alex Paradies is an experienced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Instructor. He is a Materials Engineer (BS from the University of Tennessee) with experience as a Lean Transformation Leader, Manufacturing Manager, and Quality/Industrial Engineering Manager. He studied human factors at the University of Tennessee and the University of Michigan. He is responsible for developing the 2-Day, 3-Day, and 5-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Courses. He is the co-developer (with Mark Paradies) of the Stopping Human Error Course.
Stopping Human Error Course Guarantee
We are so sure you will benefit from this course that we offer this money-back guarantee…
Attend this course, go back to work and use the techniques you have learned
to stop human error. If you don’t find new ways to improve human performance
and if you and your management don’t agree that your efforts to improve
human performance are much more effective, just return your
course materials, and we will refund the entire course fee.
Register for the Stopping Human Error Course
CLICK HERE to register for the upcoming Stopping Human Error Course on October 4-5 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
The course fee is just $1,425. Register three or more people at once and receive a $100 discount per person.
Participants receive the book, Stopping Human Error, a $99.95 value, as part of the course materials. In addition, participants receive a certificate of completion and a 90-day subscription to TapRooT® VI Software, our dynamic cloud-based root cause analysis software.
Seats are limited, so register today.