Tech Support Thursday: Custom Enterprise Edition Database Installation
Hello everyone, welcome back to Tech Support Thursday! This week we’re tackling a question that’s been asked quite a bit over the past week:
Can you install TapRooT System Software Enterprise Edition on an SQL Server without installing the client program?
The answer lies within!
In a word: YES!
In a few more: Yes…but it will take a roundabout procedure that will put the client software on the server, if only for a moment.
Here’s how you install only the TapRooT System Software database on SQL Server 2000 or 2003 without leaving the client binaries on the server:
– Run the install program on the CD
– Be sure to input your Enterprise edition serial number. This is required to show the Enterprise Installation option during setup.
– Complete the install process to fruition. This means that you continue with installation steps until you have a TapRooT System Software icon on the desktop, and launching it pulls up the Incident Manager.
– Once you are able to see the Incident Manager by double-clicking the icon on the desktop, proceed with uninstalling the client software.
– Click on Start Button – Settings – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs.
– Select TapRooT System Software. Click on the Remove button. NOTE: Uninstalling this client software will NOT uninstall the database! That’s why these instructions exist!
– Once uninstalled, you will still have the TapRooT System Software database on your SQL Server (again, it is NOT removed by the uninstaller) but the client binaries will now be removed from the system itself.
– Please note that the database files themselves will still reside in C:\Program Files\Taproot\taprootdata
I hope this helped. Remember, if you have any questions, we’re just a few clicks away.
See you tomrrow with an all-new video testimonial!